Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Ew Ew Ew!!!

I'm watching John Adams, and they just had a battle with an English ship and something happened to one of the men and I looked up and they were sawing off his leg!  I can't imagine the pain of having your leg sawn off!!! Gross!!

Re: Ew Ew Ew!!!

• It was the same for me in Glory in the beginning...yuck.
  • EWWW!  That sounds so gross.  And incredibly painful. Yikes.
    [IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/loriruth/198044_10150156088295935_575825934_8545987_2461309_n.jpg[/IMG]
  • I love John Adams. However, I would have loved it more(as a history teacher) had they left out the part you just described, the presidential making out, and the fact that the guy they tarred and feathered was completely naked. They could have implied the nudity without showing it. It practically maked it unshowable in the classroom.

• image Southernbell186:

I love John Adams. However, I would have loved it more(as a history teacher) had they left out the part you just described, the presidential making out, and the fact that the guy they tarred and feathered was completely naked. They could have implied the nudity without showing it. It practically maked it unshowable in the classroom.

Yeah, same here. It would be great if they released an edited version. And how icky was that making out. I mean I know the presidents had sex lives (and I like John and Abigail together) but jut, ew... DH are such nerds we were so into it. Of course if only I taught history! ARGH, one more semester of this blasted Econ thing!
  • I loooove John Adams.  Such a great show.  I guess b/c I never wondered or wanted to show HS students, the making out didn't bother me.  Actually, none of the stuff you mentioned really bothered me that much.  I just enjoyed the show.  We watched it back to back on DVDs though, and I lost interest after awhile, but initially, I was completely hooked and really into the historical element of everything.  So cool.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers