Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Just finished The thirteenth tale (no spoilers)

So when I started this book, I was a bit dissapointed, but then I hit around pg 62 and I couldn't put it down! I got totally entrapped in the story and the history of Miss Winter, it was like a puzzle, at some stages I would make discoveries around the same time as the narrator, at others I let the narrator trick me into thinking I had found the correct piece of the puzzle and some times I didn't even realise the impact of what had been said.

It's probably one of the best books I have read in a while and recommend it - as long as you can make it over the first hurdle.

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

Re: Just finished The thirteenth tale (no spoilers)

• This is on my shelf at home...I can't wait to get to it!
    image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have been thinking of getting this at the library but couldn't make up my mind about whether it sounded like something I would like or not. I think I will go ahead and get it!
  • I also had a hard time with the beginning.  In fact, I put it down for a few weeks and then returned to it and ended up loving it.  It really is a great story!

Books read in 2012: 61
    Books read in 2011: 77
    Books read in 2010: 42
    Books read in 2009: 52
  • it is seriously on of my all time favorites!  such a great story!  i'm glad you ended up loving it.
  • I loved loved loved that one!  I am a big sucker for books about book lovers.
  • I loved that book!  I don't know the right words to explain it...but it really hit me in a way that very few books do.  It was like I completely appreciated the book itself, not just the story that the book contained.
    ~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love this book ? it's one of my favorites. Glad you loved it.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker peri-partum cardio myopathy survivor
  • I really liked that book too- what a great story!
    image image image
  • I'm glad you said this I read about 20 pages of it, and haven't really wanted to pick it back up, now I'm intrigued
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is so not a genre I would normally read, but I LOVED it.  One of the best books I read last year.  I actually listened to it on cd, and it was so great -- the narrators were wonderful, and it was like listening to a mystery or ghost story.  I looked forward to my commute for once!
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!