Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Oh, I forgot to mention...strangest "party"

DH & I were recently invited to a "Dirty 30" party.  Knowing the bday girl, I expected a killer time -- she's a total wild child.  Another person was throwing the party, who has always been a Martha Stewart type.

The hostess said we might want to grab some food, since DH eats a lot and usually isn't satisfied with snacks, but everyone else would be OK.  After driving almost an hour, we get to the house, which is quiet, and seemingly empty.  We go inside and everyone is in the basement, waiting for the bday girl.  We stand there (since there were a total of 4 seats) for 30 min, waiting for her to show up with her hubby.

Casual parties - especially for adults - are totally fine.  But there was nothing.  No music, decorations, drinks (even cups for water), snacks.  Half the guests were watching the TV, which was being continuously flipped between stations.  Everyone seemed really uncomfortable & didn't really talk.

Even after the bday girl showed up & opened presents, it was the same way.  DH & I actually left to get food & came back....same thing.  (We didn't stay very long)

It was strange.... like having a birthday party during study hall.

PHOTOS REMOVED

Re: Oh, I forgot to mention...strangest "party"

• image goldenjes:

LOL!  That's the best description!  If I were there and left for food, I'd probably come back with a growler or two of beer to liven up the crowd.  What a bummer for the birthday girl.  Her party makes it seem like being 30 is boring.

The Big Sky Country Welcomes Us Home!
  • Weeeeeiiiiiird.  Sounds like someone dropped the ball on it.
    A big old middle finger to you, stupid Nest.
  • LOL, sounds like even Martha Stewart would've been able to riot up that party.  Did you ever see the SNL skit where Martha Stewart is doing her show topless? :p
    Waiting for some innocuous creativity... I'll let you know.
  • Glad I wasn't invited to that one (:
  • image MTbridess:
    image goldenjes:

LOL!  That's the best description!  If I were there and left for food, I'd probably come back with a growler or two of beer to liven up the crowd.  What a bummer for the birthday girl.  Her party makes it seem like being 30 is boring.

We were debating bringing back some beer, but we didn't want to be the only ones there drinking.

PHOTOS REMOVED

• No water?  No punch?  No lemonade? How bizarre!
    [IMG]http://charliesweblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dsc_9813-copy.jpg?w=452&h=800[/IMG]