Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

--mrsH_08--

saw that u have family in IL - what part?  i have fam in central IL and we also spend half our vaca days/year going there. (other half to NY for in-laws)
Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
             imageimageimageimage

Re: --mrsH_08--

• Hi there.  I was born and raised in the Chicago suburbs.  I've been out here for 6.5 years.  My parents and my sister (and her fam) still live there.  I'm always flying to Chicago for the births of my nephews, birthdays, holidays, etc.  I'm glad to be involved, but I feel a little selfish about my vacation time sometimes, too.  :-)

I guess I'm "lucky" the in-laws all live locally so we don't use all our vacation flying east.  It must be hard for you and your DH to find time to do something just for yourselves.   (I put lucky in quotes b/c with my in-laws, I'm not sure how lucky it is that they're local.)  ;-)

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • we've been out here ~4 yrs now, no fam. out this way. i know what you mean about feeling selfish about your vaca time sometimes.  dh and haven't flown anywhere (besides his bachelor party and family visits) since we moved here.  We are just finally getting around to taking our HM, almost 2 yrs after our wedding!  it sucks b/c we never really feel 'refreshed' after visiting and staying w/our parents for a week! 

the thing we are happily looking forward to is that our parents are retiring soon and once we have kids we're sure they'll come out here to visit us more, so maybe we won't have to fly there as much!

Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage