Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Can't stop eating!

This is day two of an insatiable appetite.  It comes around every now and then, so I know it will taper off.  But it is still frustrating that I can?t find lasting satisfaction!  So far today I?ve had a few raw almonds pre-run then a protein shake for breakfast. Morning snacks (yes, plural) were greek yogurt with Kashi Go-Lean crunch, an orange, carrots, multi-grain cracker/chips and some almond M&Ms.  Lunch was chicken breast w/ spinach and provolone, lots of veggies and a Kashi granola bar.  I even overate at lunch hoping my tummy would be good for a while.  Nope ? an hour later and a snack sounds good already.  So an apple and string cheese are likely soon on the plate, but I?m holding out a little while to make sure it is true hunger.

I try not to east so much processed foods, but it?s what I have handy and better than being hungry.  Am I overlooking anything otherwise that could help balance my appetite? 

Sloane Cecelia, 6/5/07

Gabriel Phillip, 5/6/10

Re: Can't stop eating!

• Are you drinking enough water?  When I feel really hungry I try to drink some water and see if that fills me up some.
  • That sounds like me a week before I get my period. I'll be a bottomless pit and if I'm ever going to cave and have a huge plate of pasta (I'm talking eat half the box) that's it. 
    Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

image Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• What does your workout routine look like and how much do you eat normally?  Any chance you're working out now more than usual, causing your body to need more fuel?

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My workout schedule has been a bit inconsistent the past few weeks, so trying to get that balance back out.  I was concentrating on 30DS, but am now moving back to primarily running and filling in with Shred.  Last week ended up completely lacking in workouts.  Yesterday morning and today I ran 4+miles/40 minutes which is a pretty standard run.  I'm leaning towards the lack of workouts last week and jumping back into the routine now has everything revved up. 

Sloane Cecelia, 6/5/07

Gabriel Phillip, 5/6/10

• I drink water all day.  No dehydration here!

A typical day is

B: three egg whites, spinach a slice of ham or turkey in an ezekial tortilla

S: greek yogurt w/ some cereal or fruit w/ string cheese

L: dinner leftovers of a lean meat and veggies, sometimes a carb

S: apple and raw almonds, Kashi granola bar if I need something sweet

D: varies but balanced, carbs are quality

I'll fill in with apples, whole grain crackers or raw almonds if needed.

My workout schedule has been a bit inconsistent the past few weeks, so trying to get that balance back out.  I was concentrating on 30DS, but am now moving back to primarily running and filling in with Shred.  Last week ended up completely lacking in workouts.  Yesterday morning and today I ran 4+miles/40 minutes which is a pretty standard run.  I'm leaning towards the lack of workouts last week and jumping back into the routine now has everything revved up. 

Sloane Cecelia, 6/5/07

Gabriel Phillip, 5/6/10

• If you've just started running again, and 4+ miles 2 days in a row, I'm not surprised you're hungry.  I'm always hungry when I start working out more.  Just make sure to eat healthy stuff every couple of hours to keep your hunger at bay.