Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Meetup?

Is anyone a part of www.meetup.com

My sister joined to find other horse people.  She thinks it's great and suggested that I join for photography.

Are you a part of any group?  Is it good?

Newlyweds since 2007

Re: Meetup?

• i joined one someone had talked about on here, but i honestly have never been to a meet up. they're always at inconvenient times for me.

http://www.meetup.com/seattle-married-girls/

i'd also prob. be more likely to go if i knew at least 1 person.

Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • I belong to a couple of groups. Just depends on the group. I like the ones I am in.
  • image gakester8:

i joined one someone had talked about on here, but i honestly have never been to a meet up. they're always at inconvenient times for me.

Gakester, i was a member of this group too, but I never went to any meetups so I got booted for inactivity... I would also have been more likely to go if I new other people in the group.

• image gakester8:

i joined one someone had talked about on here, but i honestly have never been to a meet up. they're always at inconvenient times for me.

Gakester, i was a member of this group too, but I never went to any meetups so I got booted for inactivity... I would also have been more likely to go if I new other people in the group.

• I belong to a couple of meetups. One is great, another wasn't quite what I was looking for.... They're a great way to meet new people with similar interests and/or situations. There's usually a couple folks (or more, even!) who are not ... quite ... normal.... so as long as you expect some oddballs, it can be pretty cool. I've met some folks who are really cool, which is fantastic when faced with the Seattle chill! ;)?
  • I'm part of a Puyallup Married Ladies group and it is a great way to meet some more ladies.  I've made some really close friends through this meetup, which I probably wouldn't have met otherwise.  Keep in mind, even if you go alone, chances are that there are many other ladies there who came alone as well, and everyone is open to new friendships.
  • I've only been to one meetup, and it was pretty boring.  No one wanted to talk about anything other than work (which wasn't related to the meetup group).  I like the idea, but haven't found a group i like yet.  There's also a hiking and photography one i've joined but haven't been able to participate in yet.  I'm looking forward to that one.
    EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)