Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Wow- what a weekend!

I posted before that my little girl is now 2!!! Her party turned out wonderfully! We had 12 kids under 4 running around, complete with parents, aunts, uncles, etc (all in all I think we had about 55 ppl. here). Maren had a wonderful time (major props toPenelope from  the balloon brigade - she was fabulous and the kids were in awe of all the balloons she made! Worth every penny!) 
After the party we set up for Tommy's baptism and tried to get Maren to go down for a nap. T did great and slept through the entire baptism and then was up for his party. Our parish also sang Maren happy birthday during mass. Great times had by all! =) Will post pics later! =) Thanks for letting me share!
Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09

Re: Wow- what a weekend!

• That does sound like an eventful weekend - it made me tired just reading about it!  I'm glad everything went out without a hitch - can't wait to see some pictures!
    Blythe, born 6/5/10, and Oscar the dog (not pictured), adopted 11/16/07
  • Wow. You are a brave mommy for even attempting that. Sounds like it went well. Happy late birthday to Maren!

What exactly is Balloon Brigade? Were they just helium balloons or were they more of the animal shaped type? I'm curious! :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Sounds like you guys had fun. :)
  • Happy 2nd B-Day Maren!  Wow, that has went by fast!

You had a busy weekend.  You will have to post some pics from Maren's party and Tommy's Baptism.

• Busy weekend- congrats on pulling it off!

• Congrats on it being over - haha! I'm glad it went well. I'm sure it was difficult to get Maren down for a nap after her party - if she was running nearly as "high" as Brayden was after his. Erik and I were ready to CRASH and he was running around, shouting, "Open that!" to everything he got. I can't wait to see pictures! :)
    Stefanie
    Happily Married Since 11.29.02
    Brayden Kenneth born 3.27.06
    Blaire Kay born 7.10.10

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • What a weekend!!!! Sounds like fun!
  • You were certainly brave to have that many kiddos running around for Maren's party!  Sounds like they all had a blast!  The balloons must have really been a hit! 

What a good boy Tommy was!  Sleeping through the whole baptism... wow!

I'm sure it was a weekend you won't forget!  Thanks for sharing!

• Very eventful!  Glad things went well. Happy belated birthday Maren!
  • Happy belated b-day Maren!  Sounds like a busy and tiring weekend.  Glad all went well.
  • I think my parents and my brother and his wife were at Tommy's baptism...was it Saturday night?  They said something about a baptism???

That is awesome!  Sounds like it went as perfect as it could have gone!

I can't wait to see pics!
  • DandR-
    It was Saturday night... it was originally scheduled for Sunday but that was before they realized it was the same day as first communion, so they switched it to 5pm mass.=)
    Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09