Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Luvjon - how's Max?

I was just checking in to see if you've heard anything else? How'd he do through the night?
Our miracle has arrived! Benjamin Aaron, born 6/23/11 image
Picture courtesy of Heidi Keene Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Luvjon - how's Max?

• Yes, I saw your previous post and have to say my heart lept into my throat.  I hope he's okay.  Our little Miss Maggie means the world to us so I can understand what you are going through.  Please keep us updated on how he's doing!
  • EXPENSIVE!  ;)  He had another seizure last night at 10:30pm.  He's at our vet now and they are checking his thyroid, liver, kidneys, white/red blood cells.  He's gained quite a bit of weight, but I told the vet the whole family did since I was pregnant.  :)  The vet said he was doing good today, no seizures, so I'm hoping the bloodwork shows something that is fixable.  I hate not knowing a cause of things!! 

• Awe, poor Max! Hope they figure something out with him.
  • Aww Krissy- I really hope they figure it out. Poor guy!
    Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09
  • Poor thing! At least he's doing a little better today. Definitely keep us posted. When we did our budget with DH's new job, we added in money to put into savings for vet bills, Frontline, heartworm, grooming... all that fun stuff that comes with having our babies! :-) It's worked out pretty well, and we just keep praying we'll never have to use what's saved up!
    Our miracle has arrived! Benjamin Aaron, born 6/23/11 image
    Picture courtesy of Heidi Keene Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I pray that your puppy can be taken care of and that the vet figures out what is wrong.

My first dog had epilepsy (they think, they also thought it may have been a brain tumor of some kind) and died in my arms.  I was home alone over fall break about 5 years ago when it happened.  I still have nightmares about it and the drive to the vet trying to keep him alive.  He had been doing fine on his meds and then *poof*.  God needed him more than we did, I guess.

I hope more than anything that yours turns out a lot better than mine.