Phoenix Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Prescott Valley anyone?

My husband just received a job offer in Prescott Valley and I'm very curious about the area. We currently live in Nebraska and have no idea what it's like there. Anyone live there or been in the area who can tell me about it??? I've looked a bit online but websites are very biased. THANKS!!

Re: Prescott Valley anyone?

• I live in Prescott, and honestly, would much rather be here "in town" than live in PV. There are some nicer areas, but there are alot of older, not so well kept neighborhoods as well. If you are only looking to live in Prescott Valley, I would definitely stick to Stoneridge, Grandville, Viewpoint or Pronghorn Ranch. Quailwood would be a good option as well, but it's a bit South.

The Prescott area as a whole is lovely. We love it here! My husband works in PV...it's only about a 10-15 minute commute.

As far as what's here? Yes, it's a small western town, but we have all the conveniences of the big city....shopping, movies, a pro hockey team...basketball, loads of great golf courses, amazing weather, good schools....I could go on and on. We are lucky to live in an area that also gets 4 distinct seasons...which is rare in AZ. Cost of living is a little higher, and wages a little lower than most areas of the state however. Prescott is a big vacation destination and caters to tourists.

Hope this helps! :)

• I really loved Prescott when we lived there.  There are great places in town and I know the whole area has grown a ton since we moved. (4 yrs ago)  My biggest complaint was the low pay/lack of better jobs.  After I was laid off in Phx, I had to "settle" by working in retail in Prescott.  If you're in the medical field, however, there are a ton of jobs.  Even though there are colleges in town, it's not like Tempe (Phoenix) with clubs and such.  It is a very laid back, old western town with a ton of charm.  You're maybe 2 hours from Grand Canyon, 4 hrs from Vegas, 1 hour from Flagstaff and Sedona and only 1-1/2 hours from Phoenix.

Take a chance. Take a risk. Take the initiative. Make your wishes a reality and make your dreams come true!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker