New Jersey Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

"Different" bridal shower wishing well ideas?

i am planning a bridal shower for my soon to be sister in law.  for my shower, i had the typical wishing well and received alot of garbage (including expired food products) so i thought maybe i would try something different and do some type of theme.  did anyone do this or have any ideas?  thanks!

Re: "Different" bridal shower wishing well ideas?

• Maybe kitchen gadgets... or recipes... or cleaning products...
    My Food Blog: Lauren's Kitchen

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    *always remembering Annaleigh Lucy*
  • MrsDBMrsDB member
    recipes would be a great idea!
  • Candles, holiday items/decorations, cookbooks, beach gear
  • My sisters/bridesmaids did a wine wishing well for me - everyone brought a bottle of wine instead of a typical wishing well item. They had a journal and tags so each person wrote a number on the tag and in the journal so I knew who gave me what wine and could track when I drank it. Some people wrote  stuff like, "Save for your first holiday together" or anniversaries and such. I thought it was such a great idea.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • what about recipes or even small amount gift cards
  • what kind of theme is the shower? I love the wine idea below

• I also went to a shower years ago where everyone received a holiday in their invitation and had to buy something (house decor, stationary, whatever) related to it. It was tough though cause the shower was in the middle of the summer and I had Easter... I don't even remember what I did.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageanotherNJbride:
    My sisters/bridesmaids did a wine wishing well for me - everyone brought a bottle of wine instead of a typical wishing well item. They had a journal and tags so each person wrote a number on the tag and in the journal so I knew who gave me what wine and could track when I drank it. Some people wrote  stuff like, "Save for your first holiday together" or anniversaries and such. I thought it was such a great idea.

My best friend did this for her SIL and it was a hit.  I also like the recipe idea.  If the shower happens to be near the holidays, I had another shower where they asked you to bring an ornament for the couple's tree (they just moved into their first half).  They did say not to buy "couple's first Christmas" or ornaments like that so they didn't have tons of the same thing.  That idea also went over very well.

• I went to a shower where guests were told to bring in their favorite recipes and they were filed into a recipe box. I really liked that idea!
  • canned goods in a wishing well?! LOL - that's crazy! i'm sorry...

I have seen bed/bath themes, HM themed ones (though really how much sunscreen and KY can you get?!), kitchen gadget themes...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image merry christmas from my little elves! image
  • I went to one that had a christmas themed wishing well. It was great. She got all different decorations and ornaments for their first home together,
  • I am big into cooking (it's what relaxes me) and LOVE trying new spices/seasonings.  My sister bought a beautiful basket (which is still on my counter) and had everyone bring a "different or unusual" spice/seasoning, and a lot of people attached cards with recipes requiring that seasoning/spice too.  LOVED IT!  "Let's spice up their Marriage!"

• For my shower, everyone was sent a couple of recipe cards in the mail with their invite, and then were asked to bring them with them the day of the shower.  I got some really great recipes! 

My friend liked it so much she requested it for her shower. 

• My sister did a seasonal theme for my shower.  She had recipe cards in the invitation with a stamp from one of the four seasons and along with a seasonal recipe the guest brought a wishing well gift for that season.  We got alot of decorations and what not.  It was a creative idea, i think..
  • For my cousin's wedding everyone brought a scratch-off ticket for them.  Forget if they won anything or not, but it's a cute idea!
  • for a friend of mine the wishing well was gifts for the groom, it was reallly cute.

ExerciseMilestone
  • For ours they did a wishing well for Dh.. they took a cooler and people brought things like razors, shaving cream, duct tape, kitchen gadgets (he went to culinary school), etc.  it was awesome
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • thanks girls!  these are some great ideas!  it is a garden party and will be at the end of may but i would love to find a way to incorporate the wine or recipe idea.  they love wine and my brother loves to cook so both would be great!  thanks and hopefully they won't get any expired food like i did!
  • My theme was "Stock the Bar." I received bar napkins, stirrers, bottles of liquor etc. It was a great idea!