Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

feeling stuck

I keep starting and stopping with working out and healthy eating.
I can't seem to keep myself motivated long enough to see any results, but I'm miserable where I am with weight/health. 

I really wish I could jumpstart and see some results that would make me feel like what I was doing was working.

We moved across the country about 7 months ago, I got depressed, didn't get out of bed much, didn't leave the house at all, didn't work out, ate like crap, gained about 25lbs...etc...

I've joined a gym and know what to eat in theory, but in practice I just can't seem to get it right. 

I don't know if I'm looking for advice or just a place to vent.  So I'm sorry this is so long.

Does anyone have any good workout routines that include cardio & weights?  Anyone have any good super simple, grab-and-go type vegetarian meal options?  3 out of my 5 work days I need to be able to eat a lunch that doesn't require reheating and is super portable (on these days I'm eating in the car between appointments). 

If anyone has a good meal plan / work out plan they could send me, I'd appreciate it!  sweet.spikette at gmail dot com

Re: feeling stuck

• One workout video I've been doing is the 30 Day Shred.  It has strength and cardio and it's 20 minutes long. 

I don't have any food suggestions as I'm not a vegetarian.

Set some small goals and reward yourself when you reach them; i.e., if you workout for 30 mins a day 4x times a week.  I know it's frustrating when you don't see results right away, but it takes time to make healthy changes. 

GL