Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

It has been so quiet here, so I'm going to attempt a poll...

What's for dinner tonight?

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)?

What do you have planned for the weekend?

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans?

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March?

What is your absolute favorite trait your DH possesses?

Re: It has been so quiet here, so I'm going to attempt a poll...

• image MrsShpgirl:

What's for dinner tonight? Tri tip steak, caprese salad and frech bread

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)? can't gotta work.

What do you have planned for the weekend? working in the yard to get ready for spring

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans? nope

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March? St Patricks Day!!

What is your absolute favorite trait your DH possesses? loyalty, usually to a fault.

• What's for dinner tonight? We're having dinner at a friends' house, so I don't know... although knowing them, it will probably be some sort of yummy steak dish!

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)? I'm working now, but am thinking I may have a glass of wine on the roof before we head to dinner...

What do you have planned for the weekend? Work- I have several client meetings scheduled! I'm going to try to get in a nice walk or maybe a movie with DH though.

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans? Nope, gotta' work no matter what! No calling in "sick" for me!

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March? Our adopt-iversary! We adopted Charlotte a year ago March... we'll probably celebrate by taking her to Norm's for dinner, LOL!

What is your absolute favorite trait your DH possesses? I wrote this knowing I'd have a hard time answering it... In addition to all the wonderful must-have's of any husband, I'd have to say he makes me laugh. Hard. All the time.

• What's for dinner tonight? McDonalds

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)?  I doubt it, it's too cold and I'm a big baby

What do you have planned for the weekend? Donuts tomorrow and shopping for a gift for a 4 year old birthday party on Sunday.

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans? I'd like to take Sadie Brown Girl to the doggy park

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March? Hopefully getting our income tax refund!

What is your absolute favorite trait your DH possesses? Intense loyalty and dedication to our family.  Is that 2?

T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
    TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • What's for dinner tonight?? Whatever our chef feels like making for the staff.

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)?? Can't.? Well... haven't, really.? I've spent most of the morning organizing / cleaning up / discarding the crap in what will be the baby's room.? I'm nowhere near done, but it feels good to have made a dent.? Then I have to go to work in an hour or so.

What do you have planned for the weekend?? Work.? Work.? A fabulous little man's 1st b-day party.? More work.

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans?? Nope.? Unfortunately.

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March?? Continuing the massive purge I've started.? We have entirely too much crap in this house.? I can't wait until we've gotten rid of it all.

What is your absolute favorite trait your DH possesses?? Wow.? I SO can't pick just one.? So I'm going to cheat and say - sense of humor, laid back demeanor, and brutal intelligence.? Big Smile

• What's for dinner tonight? Probably nothing. I play the early game tonight and I get sick to my tummy if I eat before hand.

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)? nope, I have stuff to do and I hate this weather since I take allergy shots...this weather just promotes pollen

What do you have planned for the weekend? hockey tonight, I am going to the Herbfarm for dinner tomorrow with a friend. Sunday I have book club.

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans? nope

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March? my 5 years wedding anniversary. We are going to Canlis and dinning in the private room.

What is your absolute favorite trait your DH possesses? he is unshelfish

• It has been quiet!!! Thanks for the poll!

What's for dinner tonight? I really don't know! I might pick up some takeout, or I'll make homemade tomato soup.

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)? I think so! I am thinking of heading up to the park with the dogs in a few.

What do you have planned for the weekend? Really, nothing! Things around the house, running some errands, catching up on sleep.

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans? A little with just some more outside time.

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March? I'm just looking forward to increasingly better weather, and it being lighter out later. Wow, that's a tongue-twister!

• What's for dinner tonight?  having dinner with my mom at Fins Bistro in Issaquah so probably seafood

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)?  I already did ~ went for a walk this morning, the sun felt wonderful, and it is not nearly as cold out as I thought it would be ~ its really pleasant out

What do you have planned for the weekend?  meeting a friend for a walk in Kirkland tomorrow so I'm hoping this weather sticks around, seeing a movie with my dad, and then just cleaning, organizing and getting errands and stuff done

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans?  Maybe just to spend more time outside in the sun ~ maybe get a few more walks in

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March?  my nephews' birthdays ~ anyone have any great birthday gift ideas for a 5 and 2 year old?

What is your absolute favorite trait your DH possesses?  don't have a H or a SO, but I'd like to find a man who is loyal, truthful, and communicative among other things

• This should be funny since I'm recovering from foot surgery for the next few months. 

What's for dinner tonight? Probably leftover Chinese that DH made a few days ago.  He does all the cooking now.

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)? Nope, I'm on the couch pretty much 24/7.  (Plus I like the rain.)

What do you have planned for the weekend? Lying on the couch, elevating my leg, watching a movie or 2 with DH, watching tv, reading my new 'Hungry Girl' cookbook, sleeping on the couch, and getting upstairs to take a shower.  What a blast! :-)

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans?  No can do. I can't walk or drive for weeks.

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March?  I have my next f/u Dr appt in mid-March and he'll take out my stitches.  And I know I'll be working from home all month, which I like better than going to the office.  I'm hoping to get back to some crafting.

What is your absolute favorite trait your DH possesses?  He puts others before himself. 

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • What's for dinner tonight? Leftovers!

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)? I'm stuck home all day w/o a car, so not too much I can do!  But I am enjoying it.

What do you have planned for the weekend? Nothing too exciting... again, FH will have car all weekend

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans? I may bring FH to work so I can have the car, but probably won't.  I'll just spend money if I go anywhere, and shouldn't be buying anything!

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March? Yes, from the 3-9, we are driving down to LA to visit my brother and enjoy the only vacation time FH gets for the year.

What is your absolute favorite trait your DH possesses? Well, he's not my hubby yet, but .... he is very smart, and patient when teaching me things. Smile

• image MrsShpgirl:

What's for dinner tonight?  Baked fish, potatoes, and some veggie

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)? It was the one day this week I actually had work  Sad

What do you have planned for the weekend?  We're going hiking tomorrow

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans?  Nope...we'll go hiking rain or shine

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March? YES!  Going to Colorado next weekend, and two of our best friends are going to come visit us for a few days later in the month.

What is your absolute favorite trait your DH possesses?  Just one?  His sense of humor/caring spirit.  Smile

~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What's for dinner tonight? I don't know.  I really don't feel like cooking, so I may suggest we go out somewhere, or do takeout.

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)? DH & I might go for a walk, but that's about all I'm feeling up to.  Darn cold!

What do you have planned for the weekend? Girls' weekend up in Anacortes.  Wine, food, and lots of laughs!

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans? Nope.  Plans would be the same, though it'd be nice to have a nice day.

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March? DH's birthday.

What is your absolute favorite trait your DH possesses? Only one?  Hmm... we'll go with compassion.

• What's for dinner tonight? not sure, might try to convince DH we should go to Lombardi's in Issaquah

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)? I walked to a different building for lunch which was nice, since I am in an inside office and don't have a window

What do you have planned for the weekend? help DH with annual tech on Saturday, go visit my mom on Sunday (she just got out of the hospital today)

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans? probably not, both things need to get done.  If it was nice I would put the top down on the car on my drive over to Bremerton though

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March? going to see Wicked next weekend, just made a couple Gene Juarez appointments that should be nice.

What is your absolute favorite trait your DH possesses? he is so intelligent about so many things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• What's for dinner tonight? bbq'ed steak, garlic bread, salad.  and DH's snowbird parents sent their annual big box of yummies today from Maui when they are their each year so we will probably be eating more chocolate covered mac nuts and coconut cookies, (and today was the day I was going to get back on the WW wagon... I guess not)

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)? yes I went for a really nice walk

What do you have planned for the weekend? Oysterfest at a restaurant in west seattle with friends tomorrow, then celebrating a friends b'day that night

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans? no

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March? hmm, not that I can think of.  longer days sound nice though!

What is your absolute favorite trait your DH possesses? he is always very sweet and thinks of me first

• What's for dinner tonight??Probably leftover pork chops from last night.

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)???I was out this morning and it was so sunny, then we took the dog for a walk this afternoon.

What do you have planned for the weekend??Tomorrow we're going to my SIL's house in Gig Harbor for the night. So hot tub and relaxing...

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans??No probably not.

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March??My birthday!

What is your absolute favorite trait your DH possesses??He has a heart of gold.

• What's for dinner tonight?  Take out teriyaki.

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)?  We did!  Mikayla and I went to the park and played on the swings.

What do you have planned for the weekend?  Working at night, and spending time with the baby and DH during the day.  Maybe doing some spring cleaning.

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans?  Naw, maybe just do something more outdoorsy if that.

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March?  DH's birthday!

What is your absolute favorite trait your DH possesses?  He's kind.  That's such a simple term but I can't explain it better than that.  He has a truly kind, loving heart. 

-Deborah

• I kept meaning to do this poll, but am a little behind! 

What's for dinner tonight?  Heading up to my parents house for a nice steak dinner...

Do you plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous weather today (since it's supposed to rain all weekend)?  Well, it's now Sunday and not so sunny [but still warmish!].  I was going to go on a group run, but my alarm went off around 7 am and I couldn't force myself out of bed..

What do you have planned for the weekend?  We pruned my MIL's apple orchard [six hours of pruning for 4 people!] and today I'm vegging out.

If we ended up with a nice day over the weekend, would you change your plans?  Nope.

It's the end of February (already!)... do you have anything you're looking forward to in March?  March 31st is my parents 40th Wedding Anniversary!

What is your absolute favorite trait your DH possesses?  Tough one.  How about the ability to make me smile even when I don't want to / the only person who can consistently make me bust into giggles at a moments notice.

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker