Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I work with all adults, I swear...

Some people were chatting over the wall from my cube.   (Super pet peeve of mine...but for another time.)  One woman exclaimed how she was going to see Jonas Brothers in 3-D this weekend.  I expected ridicule, laughing, nervous shuffling.  But everyone was exclaiming how excited they were for her, asking her how she got tickets, and they started talking about the Jonas brothers.   Middle aged women and men.

God will this day ever end?

Re: I work with all adults, I swear...

• ::hangs head in shame:: I tried to get DH to go with me, but he vetoed it.

They are showing it in IMAX 3D at Neshaminy!!

::singing::

0o0o0o I need an SOS, don't wanna second guess, this is the bottom line its truuuuuueee!!! I gave my all for you, now my hearts in twwwwwooo! yea!

• My 11 yo cousin was singing a Jonas Bros song last weekend and I asked her what it was. Her response "Get with it, your going to be a mom you need to know this stuff so you can be cool"

I'm not cool at all, i didn't even know what they looked like until an awards show 2 weeks ago.

• Lando skip out of work right now and come drink beer and listen to Bob Dylan with me.
  • They have this one song I catch myself singing when it comes on, and it horrifies me.

What I don't get about them is that they really do look like boys.  I don't see the attraction for teenage girls.  I mean, I liked NKOTB because they looked older.  Like men.  Except joey, but I didn't like him.  Maybe it is beacuse they are so short?

Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • I don't get it either.

And I had not clue what they looked like, or what their songs are for the matter.

• image Jxlpsu:

My 11 yo cousin was singing a Jonas Bros song last weekend and I asked her what it was. Her response "Get with it, your going to be a mom you need to know this stuff so you can be cool"

I'm not cool at all, i didn't even know what they looked like until an awards show 2 weeks ago.

Spend 1 weekend watching the Disnet Channel and you will be caught up to date.

• I don't know any of their songs.

I agree amy, NKOTB were hot older men...and they were bad boys.  Yum, Donnie.

The Jonas Brothers are little goodie two shoes kids.  I don't get it.

Lachute...I want to...believe me.  1.5 more hours.  I want to go to Beer festival with you tomorrow too.

• Lando, stay away from Donnie.  He's mine.

I can't get behind the Jonas Bros, but I do think they're that generation's Backstreet Boys/NSync, etc. 

I saw NKOTB in concert recently and it was one of the best nights of my life thus far. I regressed into a 12 year old again Embarrassed

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want to train my cats to bring me beer. We all have our wishes I suppose.
  • Um, the NKOTB concert this November was seriously one of the best things that every happened anywhere. 

So, funny story.  During our Valnetine's Day beer tasting, we met a couple and started chatting.  Somehow we got on the topic of how the other girl had been to an event at the Wachovia Center that was "mostly women" and she cracked up because they sold out of pinot grigo.  I was like, "Um, did you go to New Kids?  Because you don't need to hide it!"

Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • I have BOTH of the Jonas Brothers CDs and I am not afraid to hide it! Big Smile
  • image amy052006:

Um, the NKOTB concert this November was seriously one of the best things that every happened anywhere. 

So, funny story.  During our Valnetine's Day beer tasting, we met a couple and started chatting.  Somehow we got on the topic of how the other girl had been to an event at the Wachovia Center that was "mostly women" and she cracked up because they sold out of pinot grigo.  I was like, "Um, did you go to New Kids?  Because you don't need to hide it!"

I have a picture of Donnie's crotch from when it was on the big screen. 

There was also an 11 year old boy in front of us who was going crazy over the opening acts- screaming, jumping, waving his arms, the whole thing.  My friends and I wanted to adopt him.  I hope he doesn't get beat up in school or anything.

Wedding Countdown Ticker