Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How Old Were You When You Lost Your Virginity?

My niece is 14 yo, and my sister is terrified that she will start having sex too soon.

This got me thinking, when did everyone lose their virginity?

[Poll]

Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Virginity?

• HAHA.. I love the comment on the last option!

I think the boys are what to watch out for... my DH was pretty darn young and I have some guy friends who were 12 and 13!! that's crazy to me!

6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have a niece who is 13 (freshman) and she is dating a Senior!  I don't even want to think about it!
  • I was scared to death of what my parents would do if I got pg so I didn't do the deed until I was in college and on bcp.  Tell sister to have a talk with your niece so she understands that sex is really crappy in the begining and teenaged boys do not have the skills, knowledge, or lasting power to think aobut their partner's needs.  Most college guys don't have those skills either (or maybe it was just my long term college boy friend- but probably not).  And make her watch some upclose, uncensored birth videos and show her some photos of syphilis and other nasty STDs.  And threaten to ground her for a very long time.
    Visit The Nest!baby development PitaPata Dog tickers image
  • Yea, after I had DD, I decided it should be a requirement for every freshman girl in high school to spend a night in L&D.

They're not allowed to see any cute babies. They just have to sit in the hallway and listen to all the screaming.
  • Too funny! Probably not a bad idea. I can't imagine being concerned with sex at 13-14. That was so far from my mind when I was that age. I was 19 and I was terrified then too. I had so much going on and I knew that regardless of efforts to prevent getting pregnant-nothing was a guarantee. I didn't start feeling pressure until I was 16/17 but it was never such a big deal to me that I'd risk being a parent. My long-term boyfriend from that time complained that we didn't sleep together but I didn't care ; )
  • image jgeiman:
    Yea, after I had DD, I decided it should be a requirement for every freshman girl in high school to spend a night in L&D.

They're not allowed to see any cute babies. They just have to sit in the hallway and listen to all the screaming.

Ha, I watched my mom give birth when I was 14.  That and taking care of my baby sister was enough to swear me off of having children until I was about 30!

Visit The Nest!baby development PitaPata Dog tickers image
  • I try to steer my high schoolers away from the topic anytime it comes up. And I'm honest-- if they ask if it's hard having a baby, I spare no details of the early days. I had a student ask if giving birth was hard and I told her how painful it was (without the gross details). I later found out that se is pregnant, and was when she asked. I didn't mean to scare her!
  • Ha ha. Younger than I should have been. ?Really to prevent kids from having sex too early, you've got to start the conversations young! Their teens and puberty are not the time to start addressing the issue. ?When I was still working with middle-school-aged kids I was shocked at how many parents didn't see their kids as "young adults" but still as their babies. ?Their "babies" certainly saw themselves as young adults and were engaged in very adult behavior. Having them involved in meaningful activities after school helps ward off early ?sexual behavior as well.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers