Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

MS pom poms vs paper lanterns?

I'm hosting a bridal shower this summer and starting to look into decorating ideas. I was originally planning on making the pom poms on Martha Stewart's website but now I'm thinking of taking the easy way out and ordering some paper lanterns. The shower will be in a different state from where I live so I'll have to ship stuff there and make pom poms just before the shower by a couple days when I arrive.

Is there a preference on one looking better than the other? Any thoughts.

I'll try to post pictures, hopefully it will work.

Pom-Poms and Luminarias

vs

Re: MS pom poms vs paper lanterns?

• I think the effect would be pretty similar whichever you do.  But I bet you could find something more like the pom-poms than the lanterns.
  • For the showers and parties that I use the MS pom poms I assmeble them and do everything but fluff them out well in advance - they are folded in the accordian fashion so they are pretty easy to store and don't take up much space. Then as I am decorating I fluff them out. It's really a lot easier this way and I am able to start working on them weeks in advance (while watching TV, etc.) They would be very easy to pack in a box and just fluff once you get to your destination.

I like the MS pom poms better - they just have more detail and you can put them in more spaces.
  • I kind of prefer the pom poms, but if you go with the paper lanterns that will look cute as well. 

Also, I like the tips renee gave, I think that will make your life a lot easier if you choose to do the pom poms.