Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Question about paypal

Is it possible for someone to scam you through paypal, where it looks like they sent you the money, but they really didn't?

I'm selling something on craigslist and someone has asked if they will mail it if they pay via paypal. I can see why they wouldn't want to drive out to n.bend from puyallup as it's a small item. I haven't really heard of any paypal scams.. but I thought I was ask.

image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne

Re: Question about paypal

• The only issue I can think of would be if someone transferred funds out of their checking account into their Paypal account and it came back as insufficient funds... But I would imagine that would be an issue between that person and Paypal, not you....
  • i've done a few paypal payments, then mailed stuff transactions and didn't have any issues. GL!  just remember paypal takes a small percentage out.
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • PayPal also warns you that if the person pays by check with PayPal, it takes extra time to process, and not to send the item yet.  I think it sounds up and up, but definitely wait until you've withdrawn the funds and they are really in your account.
  • My suggestion with Palpal is never ever link your checking account to your Paypal account!  I mean never ever do it!  They push it on you since it is faster and cheaper.  Only use a credit card to link your account.  I linked my checking to my paypal and had money stolen from me.  It was many small charges, but I had to close my checking account and file a police report and everything.  Royal PITA!
    My siggy never works right! Our bug is almost 3 now! image