Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Friday Confession Session

13»

Re: Friday Confession Session

• imageJenD1018:

Re: pet post on TK

I don't get people that don't factor in their pets to their moving situation.  How could you give your pet up?

Also, I don't understand why some people get rid of their pets because they are suddenly pregnant.  That's how we got Otis.  He's the sweetest, easiest dog - I could never part with him.

I probably dance on the line of pet crazy at least for this board.  I mean, I'm not anti breeder or PUGGLE or anything, but I judge.  And I totally judge all of the things you just said.  I also judge people who get rid of dogs that snap at kids.  I'm all for your kid's safety, but I can't help but think the dog snapped because you were a crappy pet parent in the first place.  You created the problem.  Pets with kids are hard work -- you need to know that before you sign up for either.

Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • imageJenD1018:

Re: pet post on TK

I don't get people that don't factor in their pets to their moving situation.  How could you give your pet up?

Also, I don't understand why some people get rid of their pets because they are suddenly pregnant.  That's how we got Otis.  He's the sweetest, easiest dog - I could never part with him.

I felt a similar way while reading weddingbee's board and someone mentioned they have to give up their cat of six years because she understood that her husband was to lazy to get allergy shoots. She understood since they were her cats he didn't have the same connection to actually go get the shots.  I just can't imgaine giving up my cats ever for someone who didn't understand that they are my pets and we come as a package deal.

• i confess that i went to the LA board the other day to see if meldot had posted or if there was anyone cool there.  there isn't and that made me sad for meldot.
    [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!
  • DH gave up a cat when he moved to Philly.  It was into my place which didn't allow for them.  Honestly, my guilt over it only gets worse.
  • My oooold bad boyfriend had a boxer before I met him. He said he had to give it up b/c was traveling a lot and that he found a farm to give it to. Somewhere the dog could run and be with other dogs.

Then I found out later what a big fat liar her was and I wondered what he really did with the dog.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ut-oh, I gave up my cat when I moved out of my parents house.  She was not into me.  She loves, loves, loves my dad.  And the feeling is mutual.  I hope that does not make me a bad person.  I still see her when I visit.
  • Excused.  My brother gave my parents his cat.  The cat is happier.

/gavel (TM Eagles)

• Giving a pet to a parent is not the same thing. You can still see it and check on it.

I did this years ago.

Actually, my parents were babysitting the dog and then decided they would not give him back to me.

• I can smell my feet.
  • imagelarrysdarling:

Giving a pet to a parent is not the same thing. You can still see it and check on it.

I did this years ago.

Actually, my parents were babysitting the dog and then decided they would not give him back to me.

Ditto.  Nov - I was not referencing people that give their pet to a family member/friend for whatever reason.  I'm talking about people that drop them off at shelters where you don't know what kind of home they will go to, if they aren't euthanized first.

#1  12.11.11
    #2  10.23.13 EDD
  • imagesuperbef:
    I can smell my feet.

interesting.  I can touch my nose with my tongue.

• imagerumdrinx:
    i confess that i went to the LA board the other day to see if meldot had posted or if there was anyone cool there.  there isn't and that made me sad for meldot.

don't be sad for me. i have this board! also, i have a fairly busy social calendar these days. oh, the power of facebook mixed with being dh's +1 for screenings!