Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: Friday Confession Session

• I confess that I get really sad when I hear upsetting nestie news - i.e., Mercedes being re-hospitalized; KellDel's fil not doing well and having to attend 3 funerals over 10 days.  It reminds me that my complaining about mr erbur's joblessness is stupid because it is temporary (and it will work out in time--just not on my time).  I really hits home that good health and having family are most important and cannot be bought with another paycheck.

• I am meeting w/ someone today, who is a friend of a friend.  I think he's gonna try to get me to sell Amway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Eagles post about 3/7 reminded me that I have a baby shower - at the Aunt's house, the Aunt I flipped off.

IndifferentTongue Tied

• I started WW and I give a big fat (no pun intended) Indifferent to my weight. Yet, I so easily slip right back into my bad habits. Hello?! Earth to Tammy?! You can't lose weight by eating Popeyes chicken and biscuits!!!

I just hate that I am always making excuses for my self. I wish I would and could put my big girl panties on and start eating right.

• I find myself getting lazier and lazier.  I just don't want to do anything.  I hate it.
  • i *** and moan about my weight too Tam. But then I keep shoving food down my throat. Food (and wine) makes me happy.

I think deep down I know I will never wear a bikini again. I say its because of stretch marks but I know its because Im too lazy to do anything about my gut. And I want to get pregnant again so i can have a fat excuse

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • I am kicking myself for staying in a dead end job for almost 10 years. and today i hate everyone here. everyone.  all of them.  is that clear?
    [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!
  • i just got a bill from PGW for over 1K... turns out they havent billed me since we moved into our new house in June. I never even noticed and feel like such a dumb asss. I swore I called all the utilities after settlement, apparently not
    David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • Rum- i hate everyone and everything today too. everytime the phone rings i just scream a big fat F*#% You. it makes me feel a little bit better
    David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • I feel like I am less creative lately.  Maybe I'm just over the baby vs. fruit thing, but I don't feel like doing a weekly update unless something strikes me as funny.  I still have 20 more weeks that I would have to do it!

I get a little annoyed because I don't comprehend why some people just say "you're in my thoughts" instead of "prayers" when someone is hurting or really has a need.  I get not believing in God, but does that mean you can't say "prayer"?  It seems like prayer is a deeper more reflective state of mind than just thinking, so even if you don't believe in God doesn't mean you can't believe in prayer. 

agorabymiriam.etsy.com
  • i hate that my crazy family is trying to bring me down and give me a guilt trip just because they have personal issues they did not resolve with my gram before she passed away. My children and I had an awesome relationship with her and do not have any regrets. she lived a great life and did not deserve to suffer any longer. Just because you are a selfish biitch who never picked up the phone to call her since you were too busy with your crackhead boyfriend, that is not my problem
    David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • I am actually enjoying the work I'm doing in Reading, even if it's an hour commute each way.  It's a nice change of pace to actually like my job.

I am also eagerly anticipating Amy's Flashback Friday.

#1  12.11.11
    #2  10.23.13 EDD
  • I think the issue some take with prayers is that in infers you are talking about directing those thoughts to someone or something that can magically make it better.  That is hard for lost of people if it just isn't how your brain works and processes things.

My bigger pet peeve is when someone is having a crappy time, someone says they will pray for them, and people get all uppity.  Listen, if I have something sucktastic going on, prayer for me, send me vibez, burn some shiit in my name, get a voodoo doll -- whatever works for you.

Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • Also, I really liked Bollywood type movies, and I thought Slumdog Millionaire was good, but now that it's HUGE everytime I hear "Jai Ho" I want to flip the channel.

And there's a Jimmy Kimmel commercial where he's cooking with Rachel Ray and she tells  him to add a splash of vermouth and he adds too much and she catches on fire.  I sort of wish this was true. 

agorabymiriam.etsy.com
  • A thought or a prayer, it's all the same to me. Someone else is thinking of me in a time of need. That's enough to comfort me. I'm not gonna be mad that they didn't say a prayer.

Also, please don't stop w/ the updates Mir. It doesn't always have to be a food item. They're so freakin funny and it will make me sad.

• I'm over the Slumdog Kids.

I have a list of three posts I'm have been searching for for flashback friday, and it breaks my heart each week when I can't find them.

• My husband is coming home soon and I feel I should be happier than this.  However, I am still unmotivated to do ANYTHING!!  I did go food shopping but I really need to clean and all that.
  • today is my last day at my old job. i am scared to death to start my new job. they think so highly of me and i am scared i am going to eff it all up somehow.

my heel really hurts and i am worried that i have some heel spurs or something and will be doomed to wear flats for-ev-er.  i would cry.

• After the person next to me is done talking to someone on the phone, she says God Bless instead goodbye.  I think it's strange.

#1  12.11.11
    #2  10.23.13 EDD
  • image larrysdarling:

Also, please don't stop w/ the updates Mir. It doesn't always have to be a food item. They're so freakin funny and it will make me sad.

But what if they're totally lame?!?  I've lost my funny mojo for these things, so I'm afraid you will think I'm dummmm.  This week I was going to do 8 Ounces instead of 8 Mile.  But then I thought it was kinda stupid.

Also, I guess I get it about prayer/thoughts.  At least I understand what you and Amy are saying.  It's just I can't wrap my head completely around it.  Not that I have to because it's not a big deal. 

agorabymiriam.etsy.com
  • I firmly believe religion has no place in the workplace.  Or the airport.
  • I confess that I saw Slumdog and thought, "what's the BFD?"  I didn't think it deserved all the praise and Oscar wins that it received.  It wasn't a bad movie, but I didn't think it was great.

Critics said, "You wanted to root for the characters." I root for the Phillies, not characters in a movie. It's Hollywood (or Bollywood).  It always works out in the end of a movie!   

(I confess that I think I'm now cynical.)

• I have an awesome girls weeknd planned with my sister and I'm really excited about it! Dinner with the girls tonight and tomorrow is a spa day. I sooo need this.
  • image JenD1018:

After the person next to me is done talking to someone on the phone, she says God Bless instead goodbye.  I think it's strange.

i like god and all but i get angry when people tell me to have a blessed day or have it as their email sig.  i work for the govt.  there needs to be a separation there.  

• image rumdrinx:
    I am kicking myself for staying in a dead end job for almost 10 years. and today i hate everyone here. everyone.  all of them.  is that clear?

This is exactly where i see myself in 4 years Rummy. I've been here at this company for 6 years and while somedays I think the company is going to finally take off, deep down, I know it won't and we'll keep plugging along....with no raises and I can't seem to motivate myself to get off my ass and do something about it. I have an excuse for everything.

• image JenD1018:

After the person next to me is done talking to someone on the phone, she says God Bless instead goodbye.  I think it's strange.

It always strikes me as a little wierd too, but if someone greeted someone with "Salam Alakem (sp?)" or "Shalom" I would assume they were greeting someone who is part of their culture and wouldn't think differently of it.

One time someone wanted me to pray with them over the phone while I was at work, and I was ok - you go.  Then I just continued my work and at the end whispered Amen quickly then said thanks and goodbye.  It was very awkward. 

agorabymiriam.etsy.com
  • image mirpete:
    image larrysdarling:

But what if they're totally lame?!?  I've lost my funny mojo for these things, so I'm afraid you will think I'm dummmm.  This week I was going to do 8 Ounces instead of 8 Mile.  But then I thought it was kinda stupid.

Also, I guess I get it about prayer/thoughts.  At least I understand what you and Amy are saying.  It's just I can't wrap my head completely around it.  Not that I have to because it's not a big deal. 

Mir, keep it up.  You are funnier than you think you are.

#1  12.11.11
    #2  10.23.13 EDD
  • Mir, I think your updates will never suck.

However, if you decided to take a few weeks of until the creativity comes back, just put something else up for a little while.

Maybe like a very very strange ticker or something.

• image ering1115:
    image JenD1018:

i like god and all but i get angry when people tell me to have a blessed day or have it as their email sig.  i work for the govt.  there needs to be a separation there.  

Yet, I still say "Bless You" when someone sneezes.  I can't really say gesundheit.  What is the other option?

• Im sad we are not going on our trip. after the week i had last week, i was looking forward to it. and i got a hook up from an old friend, she upgraded our room to a suite and got us a free dinner and some vip passes.

i realize this should be the least of my worries but i was still really excited

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11