International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

finally bought a crockpot

We have been looking for one forever and I just recently saw them on amazon.de.  So we ordered one.  It looked nice in the tiny picture but it came yesterday and just seems like a made in china piece of crap that you get from a dollar store or something.  Of course I kind of destoyed the box while opening it, so sending it back would be a PITA now.  What a bummer, I guess I will try it and pray it does not burn up...

Re: finally bought a crockpot

• am intrigued. did you just enter crock pot on amazon.de and find it? I?ve been wanting one, but didn?t know where to begin looking.
    mc: 5w3d 11/11/07 missed mc: 7w or 8w, d/c @11w 4/16/08 mc: 6wks 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • yes, i think so, or maybe slow cooker.  I have searched before and not found any so I think its new.  But like I said, I am not impressed with the quality of the one I bought from my initial impression, but maybe its fine. This is it http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001MJT1QW
  • Thanks for the link. I?ll have to investigate it. I know my sister?s looks pretty cheap, but seems to work just fine. Keep me posted on how it works. I?m curious.
    mc: 5w3d 11/11/07 missed mc: 7w or 8w, d/c @11w 4/16/08 mc: 6wks 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • They sell Morphy Richards slow cookers in some places in Germany.  It is a luck thing where you find them.  But, you can also google them to find online retailers in Germany.

I have had one now for 5 years, and am really pleased with it.

• GL with it. I miss my crock pot. I burned it up when we first moved here, and I've yet to get a replacement, as I don't want a repeat performance.
    Awesome pic of hubby and DS#1

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"My 101 List - Updating asap, I swear!

• Isn't Media Mart (or market or whatever) from Germany?  They have them there and they are the metal nice ones.  I think they are like 55 euros and they are called Slow Cookers.
  • I have looked everywhere for one here in Denmark but they just don't sell them. Next time we go to Germany I will definitely have to look for one. Thanks for letting me know it is a possibility in Germany.
  • I hope it works well for you. ?I really miss my crock pot.