International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

-FayeD- re: foreign language user manuals

You reminded me of what I first moved and encountered my washing machine.

The user manual, all in Danish, was not so helpful. ?I eventually found out that the same model is also sold in the UK and found a PDF of an English manual online. ?Lifesaver!!! ?I still haven't figured out my dishwasher though. ?Stuff gets clean but not dry, and I have no idea why.? I feel your pain!

Re: -FayeD- re: foreign language user manuals

• Ack!!
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Alcyone, is that an AEG ?ko Lavamat? I think we must have similar machines!
    mc: 5w3d 11/11/07 missed mc: 7w or 8w, d/c @11w 4/16/08 mc: 6wks 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • when we moved into our apartment, I couldn't figure out why the dishwasher didn't work and spent a while trying to translate the manual from Dutch to English but gave up, called a handyman out (we're responsible for anything that happens in our apartment not structural).  Turns out you need to plug it in before it will work.  Just in case you were wondering.

I still have no idea how my washing machine works.  I just throw clothes in and push a few buttons and they come out clean.  No idea what I"m doing though.

• Lol! Yup, I know what you mean. It's rough trying to learn just the basic things.

imageimage
  • It's a AEG Lavamat Turbo, not ?ko. ?I guess you can't be super turbo charged and ?kologisk at the same time! ?I bet it looks just as intimidating in German. LOL