Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Where to buy nice frames

DH and I just ordered a 16x20 photograph my brother took. We were able to get the print pretty cheap with mpix.com ($20 with shipping included). We are looking to get a nice (real wood) frame with mat for it. We are looking to spend no more than $60 on the frame. If we end up paying $80 total we are going to be so happy, similar things we have looked at and loved are at least $400.

I've looked places like michaels, hobby lobby, target, walmart, etc. but they seem to have cheaper materials. We aren't looking to make something custom, but will if we need to. TIA!

Re: Where to buy nice frames

• lol, now that I am looking around, I think I'd be extremely lucky if I found a good quality wood frame in the size for $60 or less....
  • Have you checked out Homegoods? Sometimes they have a really great selection of frames. GL I hope you find what you're looking for!
  • See if you can find a frame you like at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, etc and then have a mat custom cut at a framing shop.  I've done this before.  Michaels always has custom framing sales if you find something custom there.
    Visit The Nest!baby development PitaPata Dog tickers image
  • I bought some really nice frames at BB&B.  Kohl's has some really cheap ones since they're usually on sale for about 50% off, but I don't think the quality is as nice.
  • I bought a nice one at Kohls for a print and it had the mat in it already. I love it, it's in my Living Room above my couch and I think I only paid about $50-60 for it. They typically have sales and then if you have their credit card you get an additional 15% or 20% off ALL the time. I just got an extra 30% off a couple weeks ago.

If nothing else you may want to check out some local Goodwill stores or stores like that. They may have prints in them that you could just take out and put your picture in and replace the mat.

6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers