Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

recipe for pink punch?

anyone have a good recipe for a non-alcoholic punch that ends up being a light pink color? thanks!

Re: recipe for pink punch?

• I made a punch with pineapple juice, ginger ale and raspberry sherbet. It's definitely pink and I think it tastes delicious.  I can't remember the proportions of the ingredients though, sorry.
  • stolen from Pampered Chef.. :)

Peach Melba Fizz
     Ingredients:
    1   quart raspberry sherbet
    3   cans (11.5 ounces each) chilled peach nectar
    1   liter (4 cups) chilled ginger ale
     Directions:
    1. Using Ice Cream Dipper, scoop sherbet into Family-Size Quick-Stir? Pitcher.
    2. Add nectar and ginger ale; plunge until well mixed. Serve immediately.
    Yield: 8 servings
  • (2) 12 oz of pink lemonade frozen
    (1) 12 oz orange juice frozen
    Large can of Pineapple juice
    8 cans of water
    2 cups of sugar

2 liters of club soda

Almost boil the water, remove from heat and add sugar.  Cool and mix in juices.

Freeze overnight.

About 1 1/2 before the party take out of freezer and add a 2 liter club soda into the punch bowl. I use a huge stock pot to boil the water and use the same pot to freeze. Make sure to have room in the freezer! You can also add some red dye (little goes a long way!) to make it more pink.

• I took the frozen pot out about 2 hours before the party officially started and there was still some frozen-slushy chunks in it. But it was cold for several hours, so it worked out.
  • I ?have made 2 that I like.

I do one with Raspberry Sherbet too, and Vanilla ice cream and Sprite. ?It is delicious! ?(the added vanilla ice cream gives it that dreamsicle creaminess!)

For Thanksgiving I did cranberry juice, white grape juice and ginger ale. ?That was a little darker pink, but delicious!?

(I just dump it in until I like the taste)?

• lots of good ideas! now I just have to choose... how much do you put of everything, oakvik?
  • I buy the larger size Rasp sherbet and put the whole thing in (in small scoops so it will melt), maybe 5-6 scoops of vanilla and fill with Sprite. (softening icecream first is helpful)

The other one I did about half a bottle of cranberry, half a bottle of white grape and most of a 2 liter of ginger ale (you could use the raspberry ginger ale too?)

Good Luck!

• the ice cream and sprite one sounds really really simple. I may have to go with that :)
  • All of these sound really good!