Phoenix Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Glendale

What can you guys tell me about Glendale? ?We will be relocating from PA and we are trying to stay within a 10 mile radius of St. Joseph Hospital. I am aware around the hospital isn't very safe. ?We don't have kids yet but I want to be in a family friendly area but my husband can't have a long commute. ?Suggestions about Glendale? ?

Re: Glendale

• I grew up in Northern Glendale. I wouldn't live in Southern Glendale. Zip Codes: 85310 and 85308.
  • There are some beautiful family-friendly historic neighborhoods very close to St. Josephs Hospital (Willo, FQ Story, Encanto, etc) Not sure why you would think its "unsafe"? It's a very nice area imo.
  • Hello,

Well St. Joseph's Hospital is close to two vertical highways, and there are a lot of family oriented neighborhoods -- It depends on what your price range and mostly your preferences are for what you want in a home.  You can from that location go to Scottsdale, or North Glendale as another poster suggested.  I've lived in 85308 so far almost all my life, and crime isn't an issue unless you really get yourself in it.  Common sense works! 

Let us know about your preferences :-)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Mrs K ~ ~ March 21st 2009 ~
  • There's always going to be nicer neighborhoods mixed in with the not so nice.  There's some beautiful neighborhoods near 35th Ave/Glendale with large property.  Biltmore area is nice, too, but pricier (even insurance).  All the freeways are super busy and commute can be hella bad.  (it used to take me 45+ to drive 25 miles),
    Take a chance. Take a risk. Take the initiative. Make your wishes a reality and make your dreams come true!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker