Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Questions about your internet service provider

Who do you use?

What is the monthly cost?

What do you like about it?

What do  you dislike? 

I will be using a laptop and wireless router...

TIA!

Re: Questions about your internet service provider

• We have Road Runner from TWC.

Cost-??  We bundle our phone, internet, and dig cable and all that is around $120 a month

Like- it's fast and I almost never have problems loggin on.

Dislike- Time Warner is not my favorite company but we don't have many other good choices for cable or ineternet.

My parents have Cincy Bell (Fuse maybe??) and it seems so slow compared to Road RUnner.  CB has two speeds and I'm not sure which my parents have.

Visit The Nest!baby development PitaPata Dog tickers image
  • Who do you use? Cincinnati Bell/Zoomtown

What is the monthly cost? $60 for phone and internet

What do you like about it? Fast

What do you dislike? No complaints here.

• Who do you use? Roadrunner from Time Warner Cable

What is the monthly cost? I think about $40 but they usually have introductory rates and then once those expire you can call and complain about the price and they'll usually lower it back down for another 6-12 months.

What do you like about it? Fastest type of high speed service around.  It's always "on".  Flexibility with the cost if you are willing to call and complain (note: honestly haven't tried this in over a year now so not sure it still applies?)

What do you dislike? It's still relatively expensive and TWC customer service isn't the best to deal with.

• Who do you use? RoadRunner

What is the monthly cost? 120 for the bundle of phone, cable and internet

What do you like about it? We are always connected, it works well with our wireless router (we chose to use our own and not pay for theirs) and it's a fast connection speed

What do  you dislike?  Time Warner's customer service is a joke in Dayton. I had much better success with help when I lived in Cincy.

• Who do you use? RoadRunner from TWC

What is the monthly cost? From everyone else's replies it looks like I am getting ripped off! We pay about $170/month for our cable, internet and phone. We do have some upgrades though, like 2 DVR boxes, the TURBO high speed (LOVE IT!) and some additional movie channels and some stupid sports tier that I would be in the dog house if I ever cancelled!

What do you like about it? We typically don't have any problems with the internet. we have had a few cable issues lately but that has to do with their boxes sucking! We recently upgraded to the TURBO high speed and I can tell a difference. My parents also have wireless through CinBell and it is SOOOO slow!

What do  you dislike?  The price

6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Who do you use? Cincinnati Bell- Zoom town

What is the monthly cost? We pay about $100 bucks for phone, internet and cable (as a bundle). Our cable is direct tv and that includes one DVR box and one HD DVR box.

What do I like about it? Nothing so far- we don't have it yet! And right now I'm not in love with their installers ONE BIT.

• Who do you use? Roadrunner

What is the monthly cost? I bundle with my tv, so about $100 total

What do you like about it? Have very few problems with it(once it worked, see below) and it is fast.

What do  you dislike? Time warner has horrific customer service.  We had major issues when we moved in and we always had to wait a week for a tech to show up.  Took close to 4 months to get it fixed.

• Who do you use? Zoomtown through Cincy Bell

What is the monthly cost? I bundle with my home phone and alarm system, so about $75 total.

What do you like about it? The cost.  I was nervous about having DSL, because I had always had cable, but it's been totally fine.

What do  you dislike?  Nada.

GL!

• Who do you use? Roadrunner-TWC

What is the monthly cost? With cable, DVR, and wireless it's about $120

What do you like about it? it's pretty fast, when it's working

What do  you dislike? it frequently (I'm talking almost everyday at various times) will run slow, not respond, and kick off the wireless network.  I will say it has been better since they gave us a new modem a few weeks back.  I hate dealing with their customer service.  For one thing when you call you get a voice recording and you have to respond my talking to this imaginary person.  It drives me crazy! 

• Who do you use? Roadrunner-TWC

What is the monthly cost?  For digital cable, DVR, and wireless we pay $91.00 per month

What do you like about it? we've never had connection or speed problems like we did with Zoomtown.  It's perfect for what we need(email, surfing the net, etc). 

What do  you dislike? no complaints here

imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers