Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How many Nest points do you need?

Ok so I'm corny... I think I'm so close.... but I don't know how many Nest points or posts that I need to get out of Newbie status! So could you ladies help me out?

What are the point levels to get to Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum?

How many points is each post worth?

Are responses counted the same as new posts?

I know this is corny.... and it really doesn't matter.. but I'm an acheiver.... and I need to feel a sense of Nest Accomplishment.... LOL

Re: How many Nest points do you need?

• LOL, I know what you mean.  No, it doesn't mean anything, but it is annoying to see "newbie" on there when you joined early in 2005 (on the knot that is)

I went from "newbie" to "bronze" when I had 500 posts.  I'm not sure how the points affect it though...  So you're either a "newbie" or you've posted more than 500 times and all of a sudden you have a bronze?  I really don't get it. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! So I gues that means I'm not as close as I thought? I was focusing on the points not posts! 80 more..... here I come!
  • I think I will be a newbie until 2030...oh well..good luck wheelber!

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • If you click "quote" and then keep pushing submit a million and one times it'll eventually take the Newbie away. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAimlc1281:
    If you click "quote" and then keep pushing submit a million and one times it'll eventually take the Newbie away. 
  • imageAimlc1281:
    If you click "quote" and then keep pushing submit a million and one times it'll eventually take the Newbie away. 
  • imageAimlc1281:
  • imageAimlc1281:
  • imageAimlc1281:
  • imageAimlc1281:
  • imageAimlc1281:
  • imageAimlc1281:
  • imageAimlc1281:
  • imageAimlc1281:
  • imageAimlc1281:
  • imagewheelber:

Ok so I'm corny... I think I'm so close.... but I don't know how many Nest points or posts that I need to get out of Newbie status! So could you ladies help me out?

What are the point levels to get to Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum?

How many points is each post worth?

Are responses counted the same as new posts?

I know this is corny.... and it really doesn't matter.. but I'm an acheiver.... and I need to feel a sense of Nest Accomplishment.... LOL

I forgot to mention that you push submit enough times but don't let the page actually refresh until you've pushed it millions of times.

• I found it easier to do this in IE than Mozilla. One night when you are bored just click quote a million and one times and you'll get there! Good luck!
  • "I forgot to mention that you push submit enough times but don't let the page actually refresh until you've pushed it millions of times."

You could do this, but you'll still know they aren't legit posts. Personally I like to see how many times I've actually posted something. But that's just my personal choice.

• I have always wondered the same thing!
  • I think it seems silly to be a newbie for 500 posts...I think you are a newbie for like 6 months..then it should move on...oh well. I really am not that determined to get the nesticle or the bronze level.

At least if I have a newbie status I can ask some stupid questions and post silly responses and no one will care! JK....Good luck Wheelber. I think I am only at like 45 posts..I have a long way to go.

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • A while back I heard about that "quote" thing... but for some reason I want to legimately get there. I know that sounds bazarre... but we"ll see how long it takes! I will let you know when I've acheived my new status!

• imagebaze2:

I think it seems silly to be a newbie for 500 posts...I think you are a newbie for like 6 months..then it should move on...oh well. I really am not that determined to get the nesticle or the bronze level.

At least if I have a newbie status I can ask some stupid questions and post silly responses and no one will care! JK....Good luck Wheelber. I think I am only at like 45 posts..I have a long way to go.

• imageAimlc1281:
    If you click "quote" and then keep pushing submit a million and one times it'll eventually take the Newbie away.?