Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dermatologist again

For those who recommended Dr. Zalla's office, I called them and they are scheduling new patients for all the doctors in August!!  I wanted my DH and I to get in sooner since we have some moles that are suspicious and my BFF's husband just got diagnosed with advanced melanoma.  To say the least, I'm a little freaked out now.  Also, the woman who took my call was extremely rude.  Have you that have been there ever had the office staff be rude to you?  That doesn't discourage me from going there, but we need to get in sooner.  Are there any other suggestions out there that I could try so I could see if we could get in sooner?

Re: Dermatologist again

• Just in case that doesn't work out and you're looking for another option...

Dr. Jan Fu's office in Mason. I can usually get an appointment in a month or less. 

(513) 459-1988

• Wow, that's crazy.  I think a month is more standard for this area.
  • I think that's ridiculous, and I would complain about the person answering the phones. 

I see Dr. Nordlund at GHA.  I went in a few weeks ago.  I called in the morning and I got a 3:00 appointment for that same day.  I was stunned, but happy to not wait 1-2 months.  I really like Dr. Nordlund- he'll listen to your concerns, look up stuff if he doesn't know (ie, pregnancy/BFing/meds questions), and figure out the best treatment for your lifestyle.  I have psoriasis, so it's a chronic problem and there comes a point where I don't want to aggressively treat it every day. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • See if they have a nurse practitioner.  My dermo in Dayton was booked for months (some even longer) so I saw the NP.
    Visit The Nest!baby development PitaPata Dog tickers image
  • I went to Dr. Jan Fu for the first time recently.  I am not going back.  I waited an extremely long time to be called back in the room, as did the others in the waiting room (one old man was throwing a fit about how long he had been there) and then once I met with her I felt rushed and confused.  I had trouble understanding her and understanding what she was planning to do to me. Her nurse that I saw beforehand, however, was great.  Good luck.  I ended up switching to Dr. Ann Neff who came highly recommended, but I had to wait 3 mos. to get in.
  • I second Dr. Ann Neff.  She might be a bit of a hike for you since she's in West Chester, but she's absolutely fabulous.  She's also really good with stitches if you need to have moles removed.
  • My dermatologist is odd but very thorough.  I like him a lot.  Dr. Drore Eisen.  He has an office is Montgomery and I think still in Anderson.  I've heard that there is a shortage of derms in Cincinnati and if you aren't established with one it could take months to get in.  If you are really concerned I would have your primary physician look at it.  If he/she thinks it needs immediate attention, ask for help getting a quicker appointment.  My coworker did this and her primary doc called the derm's office and got her right in. 
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • There's a shortage of dermatologists in the Greater Cincinnati area. August isn't bad. Seriously.

Try Dr Mona Foad in Kenwood. She's awesome.

Also - I needed to be seen relatively quickly for possible Shingles during my pregnancy, and got in with a nurse practitioner at University Dermatology in Ft Thomas. Unfortunately I don't remember her name, but you can try. She was great.
  • imageJLPT830:
    My dermatologist is odd but very thorough.  I like him a lot.  Dr. Drore Eisen.  He has an office is Montgomery and I think still in Anderson.  I've heard that there is a shortage of derms in Cincinnati and if you aren't established with one it could take months to get in.  If you are really concerned I would have your primary physician look at it.  If he/she thinks it needs immediate attention, ask for help getting a quicker appointment.  My coworker did this and her primary doc called the derm's office and got her right in. 

ditto on Dr. Drore Eisen!  i have been going to him for years and he is great!!  very smart odd little guy but very thorough as pp mentioned.  i highly recommend him.