Phoenix Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Teacher/Cop to Phoenix area (info needed)

Hi ladies, I need some help.

I am a NorCalifornia nestie. ?I am a teacher about to be laid off for the next school year due to budget cuts and I am new to the district.

DH has lost his job after leaving teaching to become a cop and budget issues took a hold of us again.

Any info on the school systems in Phoenix area? ?I heard there were cuts going on there too! ?We have a house we could live in located in Scottsdale.

Any info on law enforcement? ?DH thinks that his academy can be applied to departments there but just needs to take a portion of the academy on Arizona laws.

Any info would be helpful. ?Thanks in advance!?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

PAL/PGAL WelcomeBabyFetus Ticker

Re: Teacher/Cop to Phoenix area (info needed)

• AZ is going through a huge budget cut to education right now and a lot of districts are in a hiring freeze and a few have laid off teacher s(nothign compared to what is happenign in CA) Most districts are unsure of what will happen next year when bigger budget cuts are projected. It is a very uncertain time to be a teacher in AZ.
  • Ditto on the teacher comment.   My district is having to lay-off 20 kinder teachers but will first move them to other schools before they are let go of completely.  The Mesa schools have laid off about 200 people so far and all districts in the Valley are on a hiring freeze.  I might be moving to the Tucson area and looking for a job so I am working on becoming cerified in more areas so I am more marketable.  GL!  (sorry no info on the cop side).
  • My district is also suffering. ?We are having serious budget cuts due to lack of state monies and our bond not passing. ?There will probably be no new hires. ?Returning retirees and teachers with interim contracts will be cut first. ?I'm not sure about other districts. ?Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker