South Jersey Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Two piece sectional Question

Anyone have one?  Is there something that I can buy to hook the two pieces together somehow?  When I lay down to watch t.v, the two pieces slide apart.  Its very annoying to have to push them back together.  Thanks for any insight. 

Re: Two piece sectional Question

• We have a sectional that i think is 3 pieces and have never had this problem...is the sofa on hard wood?? That may be your problem...it may slide on the smooth surface when you lay down...i dont have any answers for you but i hope you find one
  • Ours is 2 pieces on carpet and it stays together ok.  I don't think they have anything to keep them together.  Maybe you could buy a clamp or two and clamp them together if there's a wood lip underneath?
  • Yeah, most of the legs are on the hardwood and some of the front ones are on the area rug.  I'm going to have to come up with something because it drives me nuts.  My sister said that her sectional pieces hooked together somehow, but I felt around and didn't find anything on them that would do that. 

• I'm probably not much help since your sister already told you this, but i have 2 sectionals and they both have pieces that connect them together. 

Have you tried called where you got it? 

I know my when I bought my sectional they neglected to "sell" me the piece that makes the sectional connect together....another 150 bucks and I had armrests/cupholder section & the piece that held it together.

Good luck!

MC #1 12/06 MC #2 10/07 MC#3 10/08 *Forever Missed* Diagnosed with MTHFR 10/09 but was told it is not the reason for my "unexplained IF"
    Diagnosed with High FSH, low folical count, and absent anti mullerian count 08/11
  • I haven't called JCPenney, where I bought it.  Its such a p.i.t.a. that if they 'sell' it, then I will probably buy it.  Thanks for the heads up that it might be available, but they just didn't include it with the couch. 
  • Have you considered putting something under the feet of the sectional pieces like a piece of non-skid material similar to what they use for floor protectors under rugs?