Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Where to go for long weekend from Germany..

We live in Stuttgart, Germany and I want to go somewhere for a long weekend..my husband wants to go snowboarding..any ideas??

Re: Where to go for long weekend from Germany..

• Have you been to Garmisch-Partenkirchen yet? It is fabulous there! From Garmisch, you can easily go snowboarding, go up the Zugspitze either on the German or Austrian side.  You can also easily visit Oberammergau, which has also gotten rave reviews.

For a long weekend, you can actually go anywhere from Stuttgart into the Alps.  Anywhere in Switzerland is doable in a long weekend or the French Alps too.  St. Moritz is about a 5 hour drive, maybe a little longer depending on the weather.

Good luck deciding on a place and happy travels!

• We have been to Garmisch. ?Great place! ?Where in Switzerland? ?I was thinking of there, but wasn't sure where to go..never been anywhere there before..
  • I also vote for the Zugspitze / Eibsee area. Other ideas for skiing and such is St. Johanns in Austria or somewhere near Salzburg.?
  • M2Ms idea of somewhere around Salzburg is also great, b/c then you can go to Salzburg, which is such a magical city. 

St. Moritz is obviously a winter heaven, a lot of rich people spend time there in the winter, and it is quite beautiful.  I've heard wonderful things about Interlaken, and from there, you can go to the Jungfrauhoch, the highest peak in the Swiss Alps.  Zermatt is also supposed to be magical, but there are no cars allowed there, not exactly sure how you would reach hotels.  Closters is also supposed to be a great base for skiing.  

If you have any questions about driving or anything else, let me know. 

• Europe is so easy to travel, you could really go anywhere.  I studied abroad in Florence, Italy, and on my long weekends I went to: Munich, Paris, Barcelona, Rome, Pompeii, Venice, even London.

As far as Switzerland, I took a long weekend trip to Lucerne, and it was a really fun trip.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image