Houston Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

tamiflu just shortens the duration, right?

3yo DD was diagnosed with type B flu last night and they prescribed tamiflu.  She cannot tolerate the taste and picks up on it in EVERYTHING I try and hide it in. She throws it up each time.  Rather than dealing with an upset and dehydrated child, I'm thinking of not giving it to her.  I think the nurse on the "on call line" said it didn't do anything but lessen the duration.  Anyone know for sure? 

Re: tamiflu just shortens the duration, right?

• Yes it shortens the duration by about a day. If she gets so upset taking it I would just take her off and keep her hydrated! Good luck!
  • DS took tamiflu last feb when he came down with the flu and he was back to normal within 24 hours.  It did a lot more than just shorten by a day.  But if she is making herself sick taking it it is not worth it.  Can you take it back to the pharmacy and add flavoring?
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll take it back to see if flavoring can be added, but she's had no fever all day, appetite is returning, and she's off the couch playing now, 24hrs. after her dr. appt.  She has developed a nagging cough, but other than that seems fine so even if she doesn'[t get more tamiflu, I'm not going to be too worried.