May 2006 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

A hilarious/disgusting post, all in one!

This link was posted over on D&R and after reading it (and laughing my a$$ off by some of the responses, yet cringing at the majority), I knew I had to share it with you girls.  Oh, the joys of being a woman!

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/1/5496205/ShowThread.aspx

Just a warning, it is l-o-n-g.

Re: A hilarious/disgusting post, all in one!

• I just read part of it and I do not miss my uterus right now. 

One of my friends was telling me about the blood clots after you give birth. She had no idea she would have them and she had a huge one the first time.  She had her husband pull it out, I think they called it the "snake".  She says you know when your DH does something like that it is true love.

• OMG, Denise!  Ewwwwww 
  • I think the shocking part for me was that they gave "it" a nickname.  Indifferent
  • OMG I didn't even read all of it...like one poster said it's like a trainwreck but you can't stop reading.  I never knew about an episiotomy (sp?) until about 8 years ago when a co-worker told me that she had one and could actually feel them stitching her up because the epi wore off Ick!

I have a high pain threshhold but still...

• Oh and I have to admit that I never even gave a thought to how a woman maintains their "hairstyle" down there while pg.  Leave it to the nest to give you more to consider...LOL.
  • "Almost everybody poops when pushing. I wasn't prepared for that when I was 18 & watching my sister give birth. Most women don't even realize they're doing it. The doctors have tons of pads under you, so they whisk it away. Also, a lake of gross fluid comes gushing out. It was green for my sister, because there was meconium in it.

Also, after you have the baby, you have to push out the placenta."

i learned all this ^^^^ when i was 16 and my sister gave birth to her son....it was the best birth control a 16 year old could have!! 

• Ooh, I look forward to reading this later (have to get a quick shower).  I never imagined the extent of some of the grossness of giving birth and recovery.  All worth it though.
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't get past the first page, but it's all so true!

And let me add this lovely one....I pissed my pants every time I sneezed for 6 months.  I should have invested in Depends. 

More than you ever wanted to know about me, right?  Big Smile

• image JTB2004:

I didn't get past the first page, but it's all so true!

And let me add this lovely one....I pissed my pants every time I sneezed for 6 months.  I should have invested in Depends. 

More than you ever wanted to know about me, right?  Big Smile

LOL, love this!  You crack  me up!

{Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image jjenkins:
    Oh and I have to admit that I never even gave a thought to how a woman maintains their "hairstyle" down there while pg.  Leave it to the nest to give you more to consider...LOL.

I admit those posts got me wondering too.  If you can't see your feet or barely touch your own toes, how in the hell do you maintain that area???  Maybe I'm naive, but I'm thinking "that" would be the last thing on my mind...I'm sure the nurses and OB's have seen way worse.

• Wow...what an eye opener huh?  LOL at Jill...that was too funny.  I'm already experiencing some of those lovely things listed in that post.  I was just telling my DH about how excited I am for the labor/delivery part...yikes!