Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

endometriosis and ttc?

Hi! I am new to this board and have some questions.  I have had endo for 8 years.  About 6 years ago I had surgery to get it removed.  I was doing really well and only had pain occassionally.  For the past few months I have been in horrible pain so I went in for some tests.  My doc says that we should probably ttc soon or it may not happen.  I have only been married for 8 months. I will be 26 this year and H will be 27.  We have  a house and a decent savings but Im trying to get out of a small amt. of debt. I am waiting to hear if I got into a nursing program that starts in August and is almost 2 years long.  My MIL said we should go ahead and try and that she will babysit every day so I can go to school but I don;t know. Has anyone been faced with this hard decision?  Id love to hear your stories or any advice anyone can give.  I don't know if I start TTC now (it may take a while or never happen) or wait and risk not ever having a baby. 

Re: endometriosis and ttc?

• If I were you I'd try now... all the other things will work out... the schooling, the babysitter, the debt, etc. IT WILL WORK ITSELF OUT. SmileDon't give up on the dream of having your own child because you're not sure if the time is right. The time will never be right... or so I've been told by everyone that has children. It just works itself out. Have faith and know that everything happens how it is planned. I have PCOS and have been having a difficult time ttc and if I had known this when we first got married I think we would have started trying earlier. So, from someone who struggles to get pregnant (I'm only 28) I'd say go for it. Wink
  • Thank you for your response.  I hope you have luck getting pg soon.  I agree it may never seem like the right time, but I'd rather have it be not the "perfect time" than never. Since the doc  just told us this news this week we have some time to think about it and decide what to do.  But I think we will start but putting some money aside in a specific account for baby related things, so he feels a little better about that side of it.  GL again!
  • Thanks for the good luck wishes. I am confident that it will happen... just trying to wait it out. Good luck to you. I just had a laproscopy and they had to remove some endo but he said it was very minor. Good luck to you and I have 2 really good friends both who had severe endo and both have children... one has 2 and the other has 1 with 1 on the way! So... it will happen for you, too. GL!
  • thanks again!  I just trust that everything will work itself out. I need to now stop worrying about things so much.
  • image jordanjn16:
    Thank you for your response.  I hope you have luck getting pg soon.  I agree it may never seem like the right time, but I'd rather have it be not the "perfect time" than never. Since the doc  just told us this news this week we have some time to think about it and decide what to do.  But I think we will start but putting some money aside in a specific account for baby related things, so he feels a little better about that side of it.  GL again!

I'm sorry to hear your going through this, I dont have alot of advice, but I have had a friend with pretty bad endo who was told not to wait. They now have a 4 month old beautiful daughter and couldnt be happier!

I think starting to put some extra money away sounds like an excellent idea. And how nice of your family to offer to watch the baby while you can finish school! GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thats amazing for your friend!  Im so sad to hear so many people that have problems like this but glad she was able to have a baby. 
  • I'm not sure what I'd do in your situation, but I just wanted to let you know that I successfully got PG the first try. 

I had my laproscopy done in 2004.  I was engaged, still living at home, and about to graduate college and start hunting for a job.  The doctor told me that my endo was so bad that he rec'd that we try for a baby within 6 months of having the lap and he said that it still wasn't a guarentee that I'd get PG.  It just wasn't the right time and he said that I'd have to have another lap "when the time came" and maybe it'd help.  After that 6 months I could tell that the endo was returning.  We got married and decided to TTC three years after my lap procedure.  I got pregnant the first cycle without help and without another lap!  DS is a year old and I can't feel the endo, but I BF for 6 months and have had only 4 periods.  We're going to start TTC again soon.  Good luck in whatever you decide!