Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Reading the night away?

Am I the only one who is staying in and reading on NYE?! I feel so old and "blah" for basically having no life (le sigh), but maybe a cozy blanket, my slippers, and New Moon will be just what I need tonight.

Re: Reading the night away?

• I'm not, but I wouldn't be upset if I was. I'm just sitting around waiting for MH to finish primping so we can leave.
    image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • No your not, we stayed home tonight and just hung out and I just finished reading The Stand..so I can start tomorrow with a fresh book. ?With the wind chill here it is -11 so I am glad we didn't venture out. ?Happy New Yearimage
  • We stayed in tonight but DH has been watching tv and I have been nesting. We are boring also

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog
  • The BF went out with friends, but I decided to stay in. Our dog died a year ago today, so I wasn't in the partying mood. I'm hoping Bad Dogs Have More Fun will make me feel better. Happy reading!!
  • image jamieallyn24:
    The BF went out with friends, but I decided to stay in. Our dog died a year ago today, so I wasn't in the partying mood. I'm hoping Bad Dogs Have More Fun will make me feel better. Happy reading!!

Aw I'm sorry about your dog! I know how you feel (in a way)- my Dad died 2 years ago NYE morning... so NYE is always tough for me now. Last year I was PG with DD so that blew. No alcohol .... DH and DS sleeping way before midnight.... haha. This year I drank a little but I'm so tired it's just making me want to go to bed!

I haven't picked my book up at all today- I feel bad. But I will read at least a few pages before bed. I can't sleep without my last thoughts of Jamie! =) Oh how I love Voyager.

• We stayed in last night & I destroyed 200 pages of the stand while DH mixed chemicals so he can develop some film tomorrow.?

We watched the ball drop and had a kiss & toast at 12:00, then went back to what we were doing.

When we were going to bed, DH said it was his favorite NYE ever ;) ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• We went out to dinner, then came home and watched a movie.  We watched the ball drop, said "happy new year!" and then I finished Dead Until Dark.
  • I feel even more old! lol My fiance was over, and we went out to dinner with his mom.  Then we watched the ball drop at midnight eastern time, kissed, and I went to bed.  The catch...we are in California. LOL  I had to get up at 5:30am for work today, so there was no way I was staying up till midnight our time!  Oh, I read for a bit in bed (Outlander).  It was a good NYE.
  • We did nothng and I loved it.  My husband built a fire and I sat in front of it reading all night while he watched football and we ate munchies.  Sad thing is I hope to be pregnant for the next New Year's Eve and so this was our last year to live it up and we had no desire to--we are officially old! Smile
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I read the night away too. (Surprise, surprise!) My oldest was in Tahoe with my parents, the younger two were in bed, DH was looking for/downloading music from itunes so I got cozy on the sofa and finished Living Dead in Dallas. I had about 100+ pages left and wanted to finish before midnight. I did it with 4 minutes to spare!! I was dorkily excited to log one more book for '08.
    Taya 9.20.05 * Marlena 10.4.07 * Armando 11.3.93
  • We went to a little family GTG but came home by 8 to get the little one to bed. ?DH watched TV and I read. ?We both were asleep by 11. ?Total lamesauce.
    imageimageimage
  • It feels so good to not be alone.

Going out on NYE has come to feel overated, plus I was sick. I had some shrimp cocktail, read some LAMB and Nicholas Spark wile watching the countdown, toasted and kissed and midnight and went to bed.?

Perfect night!?