Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Paranormal Romance

Hey Nesties! New to The Nest (loved The Knot) and this is my first post. Reading is my favorite hobby and I particularly like paranormals (i.e. vampires, weres, demons, gods, etc). So I was wondering if anyone else out there liked this type too? I don't find too many that do. I usually don't like historicals but have found some great authors for paranormals and contemporaries.

Sherrilyn Kenyon (Dark-Hunter series)                                                     

Christine Feehan (Carpathian and Drake Sisters)

Katie MacAlister (Aisling Grey and the contemporaries!)

Mary Janice Davidson (Undead series and Fred the Mermaid series)

Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse series [like on HBO's True Blood])

Happy reading!

GamerWife

Re: Paranormal Romance

• I meant to start the Dark Hunters series and I think I started the Dream Hunters series instead.  LOL

You may also want to check out a few of Nora Roberts trilogies:  Three Sisters (Dance Upon the Air, Heaven and Earth, Face the Fire); In the Garden (Blue Dahlia, Black Rose, Red Lily); The Circle (Morrigan's Cross, Dance of the Gods, The Valley of Silence); Key series (Key of Light, Key of Knowledge, Key of Valor); and Blood Brothers, The Hollow, and The Pagan Stone.

They all have paranormal elements but take on a different aspect of the paranormal in the storylines.  Oh and there's some kick ass romance too.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• Also, have you ever tried Karen Ann Moning's series?  OMG ... it's basically paranormal sex.  lol

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• If you can find them in print, check out Margaret Mahy's The Changeover and The Tricksters. Really good YA paranormal romance.
  • I second these Nora Roberts books.  I LOVED the Three Sisters, The Circle and Key series...I will also throw in the Irish Trilogy (Jewels of the Sun, Tears of the Moon and Heart of the Sea).  I ended up going to Ireland after reading these because it sounded so beautiful in the books. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm a long time fan of fantasy, paranormal and urban fantasy.  I tend to like books with more action than romance, though.
    Here are a few other series you might like:

Women of the Otherworld (starts with Bitten) by Kelley Armstrong

Hollows/Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison

Blood series by Tanya Huff (also has a separate, spin-off series)

Weather Warden series by Rachel Caine

Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher

• image chunkymonkey8:

I'm a long time fan of fantasy, paranormal and urban fantasy.? I tend to like books with more action than romance, though.
    Here are a few other series you?might like:

i loved all the dresden books, too! ?have you seen the tv series??

• image gwynnetx:
    image chunkymonkey8:

I'm a long time fan of fantasy, paranormal and urban fantasy.  I tend to like books with more action than romance, though.
    Here are a few other series you might like:

i loved all the dresden books, too!  have you seen the tv series? 

I haven't seen the TV show.  Didn't it get canceled?  I've read mixed reviews about it.  What did you think?  Is it worth trying to find online or elsewhere?

• I always see her name and her titles looked interesting. Thanks for the recommendation.
  • The Hunters all tie in together. Kenyon does a great job catching new readers up to date. Enjoy!