Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

MIL driving me CRAZY (vent)

2»

Re: MIL driving me CRAZY (vent)

• This is kind of icky.  You shouldn't be "taking care" of a husband

Actually, I think I disagree with this statement.  I believe that being in a marriage means taking care of each other.  And while that may not mean taking care of a spouse the way a mother would take care of a young child, it does mean "caring for".  My husband does NOT expect me to take care of him in a motherly way, in fact, it's quite the opposite. 

But thanks for your input.

• right, but the way it's framed to his mother, it's icky.  Of course in a marriage you take care of each other, but it's not a pissing contest w/ a mother.

I have seen Indian relationships first hand.  I know how much a mother dotes on her son, and she's gonna expect you do it too.  It's not healthy.