D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

brunch (for realsies)

DH wants to take me to brunch on Sunday. We love.love.love The Tabbard Inn, but we'll be bringing the kid and Tabbard is a little tight for toddlers.

Any suggestions for great Sunday brunches that are family friendly? DC or NoVA preferred.

Thanks!

Lindsey

[color=purple]Wife ? 9/18/04<BR>Mommy ? DS - 2006 (C/S) & DD - 2010 (HWBAC)<BR>Wellness Provider ? Birth Doula - Hypnotherapist - HypnoBirthing - Reiki Master/Teacher[/color]<BR><BR><a href=http://naturalbirthfaq.wordpress.com/ target="blank">Natural/Unmedicated Childbirth FAQs</a>

Re: brunch (for realsies)

• Clydes? 

I have been to the one on Beauregard for brunch and have always been happy there.

• hmmm, i didn't know they had brunch! we've always enjoyed dinner there. might check it out!
    [color=purple]Wife ? 9/18/04<BR>Mommy ? DS - 2006 (C/S) & DD - 2010 (HWBAC)<BR>Wellness Provider ? Birth Doula - Hypnotherapist - HypnoBirthing - Reiki Master/Teacher[/color]<BR><BR><a href=http://naturalbirthfaq.wordpress.com/ target="blank">Natural/Unmedicated Childbirth FAQs</a>
  • We've been to the Daily Grill (both the one in Bethesda and the one on M St. in DC) with friends with small kids, and it has worked out well.  We have always been happy with our food at brunch there and used to take visitors there regularly when DH lived in DC.  My MIL loves their eggs benedict.  I think I usually get a waffle or an omelet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Evening Star Cafe in Del Ray. I love them, and there are always lots of kids there, so I imagine it's kid-friendly.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We've nevery been to the Daily Grill, I'll have to look them up.

Evening Star has great brunch food and they are walking distance!

several options! Thanks ladies!

• I like 4Ps in Falls Church for Sunday brunch.  The Front Page also has a decent brunch (at least the one in Arlington), although it's a tad overpriced, in my opinion. 
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby248 - ETA 1/10/13
  • The Carlyle in Shirlington has great brunch.
  • ditto, the Carlyle brunch is awesome.

Also, I really like the brunch menu at the Boulevard Woodgrill in Clarendon. Their french toast is one of my favorite meals ever.