August 2006 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NER: Knitters - ? for you

I was wondering how youl earned and if there was a teach-yourself to knit book you would recommend? I know how to crochet a little. I know they're two different beasts but I was hoping that my basic crochet skills might be able to help me learn to knit.
Slainte!
my read shelf:
Jenni (jenniloveselvis)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: NER: Knitters - ? for you

• I'm thinking of just grabbing a book at Michaels to try and teach myself.  I'm pretty good at crocheting so I'm hoping this will help.  They are offering a program at the library in January so if I can't teach myself, I'm going to go to the class!

=)

good luck!

• I kind of observed people doing it for a while, then taught myself by watching videos. This site http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/learn-to-knit has really helpful videos that show you all of the basics you could need to know. Then I just started with a scarf using bulky yarn and big needles, and viola, I was knitting.