North Dakota Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Something Good Actually Happened!!!! Long and PIP

Three Backstories:

1. I have 42 first cousins. When each of us were announced to be arriving, my Grandmother on my Dad's side hand made each one of us a baby blanket/quilt. They varied in look, size, theme...but, all 42 of us have our own blanket.

2. My sister and I have not spoken to my mother for several years. I am fine with this situation and it has left me in a much happier place. Back when my parent's were divorcing and cleaning out our house, I pulled out my baby blanket and set it aside to take with me. My mother saw it, asked if I wanted it and I said "Yes". A few hours later, the blanket was gone. She took it with her when she left the house. I asked her about it and she told me the blanket was given to HER when she was pregnant, it was not given to me. And IF she decides to give it to me when I have children, she will do so. I was FURIOUS, but, that's how she is. That was the straw that broke the camel's back and I haven't really spoken to her since that day.

3. My sister has recently started talking to her again. I'm pretty sure they're back to their normal relationship.

Okay, now, onto my really happy story.  While we were in Iowa, my dad stopped by our house after he got our dog from the sitter.  So, when I walked into the house when we got home from Iowa, I found a box sitting in my living room. It has my sister's handwriting on it, saying, "I've had this from mom for a few months and thought you should have it."

My baby blanket!!!! She got the blanket from my mother and gave it to my dad to give to me. I am SO excited. I haven't been this happy in months. I finally have a part of my Grandmother again. Something that I've always identified with my childhood, something that I wanted to pass on to my future child so badly.

Yay for something good happening!!!

The picture's a little dark, but, I'm just so excited, I have to share.

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Something Good Actually Happened!!!! Long and PIP