January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

It's Monday!

How was your weekend? How are you doing? Let's talk. It is super quiet here.
Daisypath - (B4ZA)
Lilypie - (V3N1)

Re: It's Monday!

• It's been a super rough day already. I only got about four hours of broken sleep because T had a bad, bad anxiety and panic attack in the middle of the night. I work till 3pm today and I'm not doing my usual job of working with food for some reason. I'm just cashiering. The double standards here are frustrating me.

01.21.2012---> I married a redhead I'm crazy about.

04.2016: IT'S A BOY! Elias Alan is due!

WDW trips: 05/14 (1st trip! Art of Animation; Little Mermaid), 05/15 (Pop Century!). DL Trips: 12/15

• H and I went on a date Saturday night. We ordered Applebee's car side and took it to the beach for a night picnic. My favorite part was laying on the beach after dinner with him and looking up at the stars. It was such a wonderful night and I hope we can do it again soon. My il's watched Abby.

Yesterday we went shopping, to the pumpkin patch, and to visit H's grandparents. His grandma is doing really well. She is flying to a wedding in 2 weeks and bought a wig for it since her hair isn't fully grown back yet because of the chemo. She looks really pretty in it. 
    Daisypath - (B4ZA)
    Lilypie - (V3N1)
    shellyamf
  • Also I realize I kind of lost my mind last week about Abby and her drinking at night. I am out of the rabbit hole of being worried she could have diabetes. I still am keeping the appointment with the doctor because they need to recheck her ears after this last ear infection. I am still going to ask the doctor about why she is drinking so much at night because I want to see what he says. 
    Daisypath - (B4ZA)
    Lilypie - (V3N1)
  • I'm so sorry you had such a rough night Amber. Is he doing better now??
    Daisypath - (B4ZA)
    Lilypie - (V3N1)
  • He finally fell asleep around 3:30 this morning. I really didn't want to leave him but I had to go to work. He just texted me saying he's feeling better just that his mouth hurts (he got two teeth pulled Friday).

01.21.2012---> I married a redhead I'm crazy about.

04.2016: IT'S A BOY! Elias Alan is due!

WDW trips: 05/14 (1st trip! Art of Animation; Little Mermaid), 05/15 (Pop Century!). DL Trips: 12/15

Penguin129
  • Aww, glad he is doing better, Amber.

I'm feeling frustrated and defeated.
    So I was that first time mom that rocked/nursed my kid to sleep for naps and bed time. She hated her crib. Nursing was also easy while we co-slept. Eventually to break the rocking habit I just laid next to her for naps. Once she passed out I would get up. Of course there are days when she is extra clingy that if I barely move it wakes her up. I've been sitting at the foot or side of her bed these last few weeks trying to get her to adjust to me not laying next to her. Most days it works but some like today not so much. So on these days I just make her stay in bed for quiet time while I putter around (usually in my room). And I am just so done with it. I want her to be okay with just laying in her bed without having to check if I am upstairs every 10 minutes. I'm hoping this gets better before baby #2 gets here.

I feel like a failure because I'm the one that hasn't "broken" the habit before now. I hate phrasing it that way. I know all babies are different. I keep hoping and praying this next one is an easier sleeper. I normally don't mind the downtime especially as I am super tired these days. I think I am just worrying or stressing because I wanted her to adjust to naps on her own before baby got here so she wouldn't feel like I couldn't lay with her because of baby. Even if that's exactly the reason.

So after 2 hours of her tossing, turning, laying there, and checking on me - I think she is finally asleep. Of course I thought that at the 1 hour mark, went downstairs and 10 minutes later she was awake and sobbing asking where I was.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Haha, happy Monday right? Otherwise today I have been doing cleaning, rearranging Lily's toy area, laundry. I wanted to work on some sewing while she napped but that's all downstairs. Maybe I need to move it upstairs? And I'm starting to get antsy about getting the baby's room put together as I am almost at 3rd trimester.
    Penguin129
  • @shellyamf Many,many hugs to you. You are not a failure by any measurement. I am still that mom and I think I will always be that mom. Abby is not good with playing in her room alone either. She always looks for me and wants to know what I am doing. I am hoping her being entertained by herself in her own room comes as she gets older.

I really don't like the idea of breaking  habits, especially if it is going to involve crying. Abby is sleeping in our room with us. I suggested moving her back to her own room and H got upset, so with us she stays. We will most likely have 2 kiddos sleeping in our room. I am with you on hoping the next time around we get better sleepers. I lay with Abby in bed until she falls asleep. It doesn't take as long anymore since we're not even bothering with naps most days. You are much better than I would am. Who knows though... maybe by the next time I'm pregnant I'll finally get the nerve to try and have Abby fall asleep on her own. 

Sorry if this is broken up. My thoughts were all over the place.
    Daisypath - (B4ZA)
    Lilypie - (V3N1)
  • Thanks, Megan. I just feel awful about it. She still comes to our bed. Some nights it's at 3 am and others it's between 5-7 am. So really she does great sleeping in her room. But she never wants daddy to lay with her. And when she doesn't nap she passes out pretty quickly. She is still napping most days which means I'm laying with her at night for over an hour. Maybe that's my solution - start cutting back on her naps.

It was just really bothering me today that I feel like I've messed up my kid. Pregnancy hormones don't help.