January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Summer Job

So DH has 2 months this summer where his pay is reduced. We have money in savings to get us through, but are trying to find something just for the summer to make up the difference, plus a little more if possible. I found an 8 week Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Teaching Position on Craiglist. It goes for exactly 8 weeks which is DH's whole summer off. It is a little more than an hour away. I'm so torn on whether to apply or not. I sent them an email asking where exactly they are located and may revamp my resume when Abby takes her nap later and send it. DH doesn't like that it is so far away and said it would be better if he finds something. I'm at a cross roads. What would you do? The job would start June 8th, 2 weeks away and go until July 31st. I like that there is a preset time for the position. It is a full-time position and DH would be with Abby from the times she wakes up until dinner time.
Daisypath - (B4ZA)
Lilypie - (V3N1)

Re: Summer Job

• I don't see any harm in applying, because you can always turn down an offer later. You can't apply later. 
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I would apply.  You just never know.

• I personally wouldn't apply unless I was 100% sure I would want to do that drive everyday. I hate having an hour commute, but that's just me. You have to be certain you are up for that. Also, think of all the gas you will be spending. I put about $60 of gas in my car each week.

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
  • You are very right Tara. When I got the exact location it turns out it was 1 hr 10 mins away and that is just with normal traffic, not rush hour etc. We are aware of the cost of gas because DH already drives that distance for his work. After thinking it through some more I've decided not to apply. Thanks everyone for you opinions. If the job was closer to home I might be more inclined to apply.
    Daisypath - (B4ZA)
    Lilypie - (V3N1)
  • Just saw this. But it sounds like you made the right choice. That is a lot of driving time and gas money.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Penguin129
  • Good choice. Glad I could help.

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
    Penguin129