January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Wednesday Whines

I've got a few. Thought it would be appropriate. 

1. I'm at work while J is home sick. 

2. I have to get up early tomorrow, because I somehow agreed to go on a 14 hour field trip the day before I start the art show set up. That was dumb. 

3. I have a prom dress to finish and give to a girl tonight... Not sure how that's going to get done.  
photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker 

Re: Wednesday Whines

• 1. I've been awake since 4 something because Lily would settle down. When she finally did, I couldn't get back to sleep.

2. P is really annoying me. I think it's because he's not happy at work and he brings that home.

3. I want to wean Lily but I don't want to deal with the days (or possibly weeks) of horrible naps/sleep as we wean.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am tired of fighting for kids when my opinion doesn't count for anything.

• Awww, (((HUGS))) Jen.
  • So I know it's not Wednesday but this happened on Wednesday.  I was talking to P about my next shift for work being Saturday afternoon.  And the topic of visiting family over the summer came up.  I pointed out I wouldn't be traveling much if I had several shifts like I have this past week.  He had a horrible attitude about it.  Rolling his eyes, sighing, ect.  He says he knows we need to save up money for new windows, an A/C unit, new carpet, but he's just done with me working since he has to come home and watch Lily and make dinner.  I tried to gently point out that I do all those things every day after spending all day taking care of Lily, cleaning, laundry, groceries, ect and that I was enjoying him making dinner for a change.  I mean really, heaven forbid he help out when he gets home from work.  And heaven forbid watching Lily on the weekends cuts into his gaming/computer time.  Cry me a freaking river!

What I really wanted to say was that if he was so tired of it, he needs to either get his boss to put him in the on-call rotation or find a new job.  I'm sick of hearing him complain about work when he does nothing to change it.  And my PMS hormones are not helping my reaction, I know.  Funny enough, when I wasn't working and he was stressing about money, it felt like he was always bringing up me finding some way to work from home.  When I do find a work from home job, he hates it because it interferes with his free time.  When do I get free time?  So that's my rant/whine - P is being crabby which is making me crabby.
  • I will say this, as guys, we suck horribly at communicating.

There are times I'm glad Joy went back to work and there are times I wish she'd just stayed at home.  I never expected someone who made straight A's in a Master's degree to stay home.  Would have been a waste on so many levels.  However, because we work opposite shifts, we never get to have any time together except Wednesday evenings and most Sundays.  Sometimes I feel like her and I are roomies. :(

Is it possible something like that could be going on and he's just not saying it right?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Sorry you are having a disagreement with your H Michelle. I think he needs to step into your shoes for a day. If only that were possible. I hope you guys are able to settle things. He really needs to find a new job that he likes. I hope he can do that soon too.
    Daisypath - (B4ZA)
    Lilypie - (V3N1)
  • Thanks, Megan. I really think that would help.

Mark, it's possible. But we see each other pretty much every evening and on weekends. Before this week I was only having maybe one 4 hour shift a week. Sometimes that was every two weeks. This week I had 5. So I get that it's a big change this week. But the rest of the month I'm back to one shift a week. Maybe he was just feeling really overwhelmed?
  • Day late but it still counts. It is so hard traveling and trying to breastfeed. I'm constantly pumping. If not pumping I plan the next time I can.
  • Aleigha, I can only imagine. Major kudos!!!
    one2andnow3
  • YAY for breastfeeding.  You can do it mama!

one2andnow3