Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

guilt over my response

I'm feeling very bad about how I responded to an email from a family who lives overseas  she  told me her daughter has to have a mastectomy and I went on about my problems, I feeling very guilty   I did write and apologise and now I think I could have done a better job of that i know its because  I am seriously depressed with some life changing problems but I can not stop thinking about this  and I've not heard back from her since. I think about ringing her but now a few weeks have gone by, I seem to be always doing the wrong thing and acting in self cantered ways I know this is my depression which is making me act this way. I just don't know what to do.

Re: guilt over my response

• Your ability to recognize your error and apologize says a lot. We all have our moments. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Maybe she hasn't responded because she is busy. I would send her another email or maybe a card saying you'd like to know how her daughter is doing and to please call. I would also explain you really want to be there for her. 

When you are having a difficult time, like you are, it can be very helpful to be there for someone else. It helps to take the focus of yourself and get out of your own head, even if it is just for a bit. 

Good luck!
    nyc artistGilliC
  • I agree. Drop her a note to ask how her daughter is doing and to tell her that she's been in your thoughts.

Trust me, living overseas it's always nice to get a note from someone back home, even if you don't always have the time to reply.
    puppylove2014
  • She maybe busy help her daughter through this difficult time. I agree with other posters,send her a card to just let her know you are thinking of her and her daughter and hope all is going well.
    short+sassy