This summer, my husband and I bought our first house. The hall bath is small, but in addition to a regular toilet, it also has a urinal on the wall. Originally, the urinal was not functioning, but when some plumbers came by to do a long list of repairs, they FIXED the urinal, instead of REMOVING it, as originally requested. The plumbers have offered to come and remove the urinal for free, but we haven't been able to schedule a time for them to come yet. While we've been living with it, I've been second guessing on whether or not we should have it removed. Here are the pros and cons:
- I find it hilarious that we have a urinal in our home....and so does everyone that we tell, or who visits. It's an interesting conversation piece.
- As my sister-in-law pointed out: men (and of course, boys) are extremely messy, and so having a urinal is (as she says it) brilliant. I do have to admit, the other toilets have remained much cleaner than normal since my husband, and all male guests use them less often.
- My husband kinda likes it....but he is also okay with having it removed.
- We won't have to repair the huge hole in the wall that it will leave behind if we have it removed
- It's weird
- It takes up wall space in the small bathroom (there's room for it, but it limits what I can do with the walls, and the placement of the towel racks)
- It's one more thing to clean - although, I let the hubby clean it, so it's more a matter of reminding him to keep it sparkling white
So I'm looking for opinions. Am I crazy for wanting to remove it, or would you also veto a urinal in your home? In the end, we're going to do what we feel is best for us, but I"m honestly curious to see how other people feel about it. Pretty much all men that I've asked LOVE it, as well as some women, but others think it is just too weird to keep.
I should add - this is a 2 bathroom house. The urinal is in the bathroom that all guests would use (the other bathroom is the master bathroom that only my husband and I use).