Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Other names for aunt/auntie

My name is Destiny and today I just found out my brother and SIL are having a baby! Im so excited Im gonna be an aunt and my family kept saying "yay! Auntie destiny" or "yay! Titi/ tia destiny" but I think those are kind of boring and just bleh:/ I want a cute nickname that sounds good and the baby won't have a hard time pronouncing because I think destiny will be. I can't think of one and none that I looked up really appealed to me. I was hoping I could have some help coming up with original names? Doesn't have to sound or be similar to my name. Thank you!

Answers

• What is your nationality? Is there a name for aunt in that country / language? How about Aunt Didi? Congrats by the way!
    image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
  • You'd be surprised what a kid comes up with.

Let the kiddo make the call. when he or she is old enough to talk:)

My father's nickname was Iggy.  There was a kid on the block who couldn't pronounce the I so for some reason the kid came up with "Piggy.":)  We thought it was cute. 
  • Congratulations! I agree to let the baby name you when the time comes. My husbands niece still calls her grandmother by her nickname now that she's grown because that's what she said at a young age. Otherwise I agree with PP look up nicknames in your heritage that might be a fun way to connect with your culture.