Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Happy Friday!

What are you reading? Is it for one of the challenges? Just for fun, have you ever traveled internationally?
Duxcaelo's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2011-goodreads shelf)
Anniversary

Re: Happy Friday!

• I gave up trying to re-read Raven Boys and am now listening on audio. Making much better progress.

I'm reading Blood Magick and it's just okay.

I've traveled to The US, Cuba and the Bahamas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No reading right now.  My brain is sludge.  I've been reading Gilmore Girls fanfiction of all the embarrassing things to read on my phone to help me wind down when I'm going to sleep. 

Once the new year hits I'll be a reading maniac again I am sure.

I have traveled to Mexico, the Bahamas and Canada.  
    my read shelf:
    Miranda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    “Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
    "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
    "I don't much care where –"
    "Then it doesn't matter which way you go.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

• I'm reading The Dream Thieves.

I've traveled to Spain, Italy, Germany, Greece, Portugal, the Azores, Mexico, Canada, and the Bahamas.  I drove through Austria, but I don't think that counts.  I've also been to Heathrow and the airport in Brussels, but that doesn't count.
    75 Books in 2015?

photo OutlanderMafia.jpg  
    It's slippery as waterweed.
  • I am a little over halfway through my Outlander reread and am also reading Lover Reborn.

I have travelled to the US, Mexico, London and Paris.

- Jocelyn my read shelf:
    Jocelyn's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm finishing up The Sweetness of Forgetting by Kristin Harmel and listening to 14 by Peter Clines.

I've traveled to Canada, Mexico and the British Virgin Islands.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I just finished Leaving Time.  I really enjoyed it!  Started Mean Streak last night but don't have an opinion yet.

No international travel here yet.  One day!  Okay, I guess that isn't true.  I've been to Mexico several times but I live in Texas.  It's not a hard place to get to.  Paris, Germany (Oktoberfest!), England, Scotland, and New Zealand are on my bucket list.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm reading The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt.  I really like it so far.  Much better than The Little Friend.

I did a two week study abroad class in Egypt and I've visited Ontario,Canada numerous times, although prior to the passport requirements.  And the Frankfurt Airport if that counts.  ;-)
  • Reading The Martian- hoping to finish this weekend-my overdrive loan is going to run out. Alternating between hard copies of Blue Lily, Lily Blue and Damsel Distressed. Listening to Lonesome Dove in earnest this time. I want it done before 2015 starts!

Got back on Sunday from Ireland and England. Great trip! I've also been to Mexico.
    image image
    Izzy and Baby A ~ Adorable Punks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just started Envy by Sandra Brown. Only about 20% in but enjoying it so far! I work all weekend so I won't have much time to read though :(
    TTC #1 since Sept '09 Dx: Severe MFI/Azoo
    IVF w/ICSI - transferred 2; froze 3
    Beta #1 150 Beta #2 320 - 7/16 124 bpm (6w5d) EDD 3/6/13 
    Our team green baby was a girl! Emma Lynn born 2/23/13

my read shelf:
    Janelle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I finished listening to Mistress Shakespeare this morning and loved it!  I am now waiting for my hold on the audio version of Blue Lily Lily Blue to come in (it's been "in transit" for days!!).

I'm reading Innocent Traitor.  Between it and Mistress Shakespeare, my love of tudor fiction has been reawakened.  

I've only been to Canada and Jamaica.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I am still between books at the moment. I have been to the Bahamas and Italy. I hope to do more!
    Duxcaelo's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2011-goodreads shelf)
    Anniversary