Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

GTKY - Cart Before Horse - PGR

cinderincinderin member
Ancient Membership 2500 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper
edited October 2014 in Getting Pregnant

I do have a cart (or do I have a horse?)!

Anyway, I have a DS. His name is Martin. Or Marty. I am sure he’ll have the final say on that one when he grows up.

He is 15 months old tomorrow.

We picked his name before we knew if he was a boy or a girl (our girl name was “Elizabeth”).

He is named after Michael J Fox and my Grandpa (but not in that order).

My Grandpa (he is deceased) was 100% Irish and when I was doing our family tree, I saw that there was a “Martin” in each generation all the way back to Ireland (and there as well).

I liked the name because it is easy to spell/pronounce, not popular/trendy and (IMO) was something a kid or adult could live with. A nice, respectable name. I like family names as well. And I think the Irish do a good job with names (the German side of my family tree have some names you wouldn’t want to use).

A few years before we even started talking about TTC, I mentioned casually to DH “what do you think about the name Martin?” DH thought it was awful and said “absolutely not”. I didn’t think about it again after that.

DS went on a business trip the next week and watched “Back to the Future” on the plane. He came home from the trip and declared that “Martin” was going to be our “boy” name. I guess Marty McFly won him over. Hard to argue with that one.

We did a nursery for him. I prefer gender neutral things for kids (JMO) so it is a yellow, orange, red nursery.

I posted pictures in the "TTC" post.

"How long till my soul gets it right? Can any human being ever reach the highest light? Except for Galileo, god rest his soul, king of night vision, king of insight." ~ Indigo Girls Anniversary
When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013
sgautschisimsk3887Apollo11235lfk2013islandmonkey8

Re: GTKY - Cart Before Horse - PGR