Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

GTKY Your H/SO

DH and I met at Summer Camp the summer before eighth grade. But we didn’t date. I thought he was *such* a nerd and he had a crush on me. We met up again a few years later when my dad moved to a house near him.

We dated senior year of HS and freshman year of college and broke up early (summer before?) sophomore year. I don’t remember exactly how long we were broken up (6 months?). We got back together and we were engaged about a year and a half later. We didn’t live together before we were married, I worked/lived at the University I attended and DH had a roommate while he worked at Costco and went to the same University.

We were married on July 23, 2004, we were both 22 years old. So we have been married over 10 years now. Time goes by so fast!

We are both kind of funny and make a lot of jokes and laugh a lot. We are both “home bodies” who like to stay close to home. We both love animals. We like comedies and scary movies, musicals (me a little more than him, but he loves Phantom). We like card/board games. Our favorite TV show of all time is “News Radio”. We like sushi and pizza.

We have a lot of similar tastes and some different ones.

DH is part Japanese, and he is 6’2” tall. So a lot of time people don’t quite know “what” he is when they meet him. Around here he is mistaken for Indian (not the Native American kind – the “from India” kind) and Mexican a lot. But there is a lot of Indians and Mexicans where we live, so that might be it.

He works in IT Purchasing and enjoys writing. His BA is in English – Creative Writing and he does a lot of writing for fun/hobby. He has also done some writing for a couple websites. He is very creative.

I will post pictures in the comments.

"How long till my soul gets it right? Can any human being ever reach the highest light? Except for Galileo, god rest his soul, king of night vision, king of insight." ~ Indigo Girls Anniversary
When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013
islandmonkey8sparklingdiamondarj14

Re: GTKY Your H/SO

• I wouldn't have guessed Japanese either, but I also wouldn't have guessed Mexican or Indian. Lol You two are a cute couple!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Adorable! I love that you have so much in common. And the love of musicals makes me smile. :)
  • Y'all are so cute together. Congrats on 10 years!
    Married 2-20-10        Dx PCOS 1-2013         Metformin 500mg 3x/day  Will Start TTC Aug. 2015
  • You guys are so cute!
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    ~TTC Buddies with akcrrr and amandaf6383~
    ~Knottie/Nestie Besties with *ecinereb* - Congratulations!~
    TTC since June 2011 dx: PCOS
    Clomid+IUI: Cancelled b/c didn't respond (June 2012)
    Femara+Trigger+IUI #1: BFN :-( (July 2013)
    Natural Cycle (8/7/13)- BFP!  Beta #1 (9/10/13): 509 Progesterone: 18.64  Beta #2 (9/12/13): 1118
    Baby N born 5/9/14
  • You two are such cuties!
    Anniversary
    08/13: Started TTC  - 07/14: PCOS dx
    BFP 09/18/15 - Baby S 05/27/16