Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

FBC book about a family: We Were Liars (no sp.)

benmel31benmel31 member
2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited October 2014 in Nest Book Club
I just finished reading We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.  I did not know much about this book before reading it.  I really loved it!  On the one hand, I did not grow up in a family like the one portrayed, however, I married into one that helped me relate a bit.

The Sinclairs are a wealthy family headed by the grandfather, whose name is escaping me.  His three daughters each married, had a least one child, and got divorced.  The daughters each live off their trust funds and fight with one another over their parents' estate.  They spend every summer on a private island off Martha's Vineyard where each family has their own home.  The teenage children of the daughters are the main focus of the story.  Each is portrayed as an interesting character with likable traits and flaws.

I did not grow up in a well-to-do or big family like the Sinclairs.  Although we did not always get along, we did not fight the way the daughters in the story do.  Since getting married, I have learned how different it is to be a part of a big family.  We still don't fight over petty things like the daughters, however, we do have disagreements on a variety of issues.  

I don't want to say more because I don't want to give away the story.  It is worth the read.  It was quick and unique!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: FBC book about a family: We Were Liars (no sp.)

• I really enjoyed this one!  Like you I didn't know anything about it but it sounded interesting.  It hooked me early on and kept me engaged through the whole story.  I think I read it in about 2 days. 
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    benmel31
  • Glad you liked it! I enjoyed it as well. Definitely something different and unique. I felt like my mind was just blown after reading it. Not that it takes much. lol

benmel31