Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone listen to book podcasts?

Does anyone here listen to podcasts that revolve around books and book recommendations? I've been listening to the Book Riot podcast for awhile and recently discovered a new one called Books on the Nightstand. While Book Riot is more heavy on literary related news, Books on the Nightstand has more book recommendations based on listener questions. I'd love to find others like it!

BabyFruit Ticker

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Ingrid has read 44 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Re: Anyone listen to book podcasts?

• I've actually never listened to a podcast. I thought about starting the one for Outlander, but it's for the tv show and not the books. How long is the one for Books on the Nightstand?

my read shelf:
    Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I thought about starting one but I'm not sure I would be able to talk for an hour or so by myself.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• sweetc129sweetc129 member
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014

I really like Books on the Nightstand, and listen to them fairly often.

ETA: I get a lot of good book recommendations from them.

Married 7/04 LO#1 9/13 LO#2 12/15
  • Lauren620 said:

I've actually never listened to a podcast. I thought about starting the one for Outlander, but it's for the tv show and not the books. How long is the one for Books on the Nightstand?

@Lauren620, it averages about 40 minutes a podcast. I love listening to podcasts while I'm driving or cleaning around the house. There are so many different kinds; I can get my cravings for nerdy news, pop culture, and mommy musings all satisfied!

BabyFruit Ticker

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    hide

• RevJen said:

I thought about starting one but I'm not sure I would be able to talk for an hour or so by myself.

I have a girlfriend who started one. She invites guests on to speak on specific topics so that she's not talking to herself, lol. Sometimes they are live guests, but most of the times she does it through Google plus hangout (I think).

BabyFruit Ticker

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    hide

• I listen to Book Riot, Lit Reactor, All About Books, Bookrageous, and the NPR Books weekly podcast.
    image image image