Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Weekend Reading Progress

Happy Monday!

What books did you start/finish/totally neglect/make good progress on this weekend?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekend Reading Progress

• I started and finished Damsel Distressed and OHMYGODILOVEDITSOMUCHICANTSTOPTHINKINGABOUTIT

I also started a re-read of Raven Boys, but I only made it a few pages in before I fell asleep last night.

Jen748
  • Not much.  About 200 pages in Edge of Eternity.  May sound like a lot but not when the book is 1,100...
    Books read in 2009: 112
    Books read in 2010: 153
    Books read in 2011: 160
    Books read in 2012: 134
    Books read in 2013: 110
    Books read in 2014: 151
    Books read in 2015: 153
    Books read in 2016: 31

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/1zWJm6.png
    <a href="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height: 20px; width: 40px; position: absolute; opacity: 0.85; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer; border: medi
  • HoycieHoycie member
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    I started and am almost done with This is where I leave you.  I'm enjoying it. "Phillip" is hilarious!

Joyce's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

BabyRN2006
  • Zilch. I am in a bit of a reading funk. I started Rowdy by Jay Crownover last week and planned on finishing it this weekend. No such luck. I just had no desire to pick it up. I think I might do a reread to get me out of this slump. Maybe The Raven Boys or perhaps HP.

• I am about 2/3 through Defending Jacob and am really enjoying it. Hoping to finish it tonight.

I finished Big Little Lies yesterday. It was okay, not as good as I was hoping. I figured out the twists pretty early on so that was a let down.
    TTC #1 since Sept '09 Dx: Severe MFI/Azoo
    IVF w/ICSI - transferred 2; froze 3
    Beta #1 150 Beta #2 320 - 7/16 124 bpm (6w5d) EDD 3/6/13 
    Our team green baby was a girl! Emma Lynn born 2/23/13

my read shelf:
    Janelle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Finished The Raven Boys. So good!! Started The Dream Thieves but just barely. I was asleep by 8:40 last night. :/
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm rereading Jude Devereux's Velvet series.  I'm on the second book now, Highland Velvet.

I finished listening to Letters from Skye and I'm completely, totally in love with that book.  Every once in a while, I run across a book that makes me want to be a better writer.  This is one of those for me.

I'm listening to The Dream Thieves as of this morning.  I'm not far enough into it yet though.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• HoycieHoycie member
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    I am about 2/3 through Defending Jacob and am really enjoying it. Hoping to finish it tonight.

I finished Big Little Lies yesterday. It was okay, not as good as I was hoping. I figured out the twists pretty early on so that was a let down.
    I really want to know what you think when you're finished! @babyrn2006

Joyce's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• CTDec03BrideCTDec03Bride member
    Ancient Membership 500 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Zero progress.  I have a pile of library books at home but I had no time this weekend to read.  I have to get moving on them...I have been in a reading funk as well lately.  I'm going to start Six Feet Over It at lunch today.
    Jessica, Married to Brian 12/27/03, Mom to Alex 6/27/94, Devin 10/29/04, and Emily 1/15/07
  • I finished First Impressions, and then on Sunday I read Damsel Distressed from cover  to cover, and LOVED it.  I enjoyed the companion album as well. 
    Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores
  • I'm about a quarter ways through Voyager, which I am loving. I also just started The Skelton Crew which sounded pretty interesting. It'll be my lunchtime reading.

BabyFruit Ticker

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Ingrid has read 44 books toward her goal of 100 books.
    hide

• I need to get the companion album for Damsel Distressed.  I haven't yet.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• RevJen said:
    I need to get the companion album for Damsel Distressed.  I haven't yet.
    Me too! I think I'll order it today.
  • I read The Body Electric by Beth Revis (LOVED it) and Hidden by Victoria somethingerother. It was good, but very, very heavy and depressing.
    Sammie born 04/23/09 (Peanut allergy)
    Emmett born 01/28/2013

2015 Books Read 3 * 2014 Books Read: 151
    2013 Books Read: 90 * 2012 Books Read: 125
    2011 Books Read: 150  * 2010 Books Read: 117

Jennie Writes Words ~~~ We Still Read ~~~ Presidential Challenge
  • I was immersed in Blue Lily, Lily Blue all weekend. I was away at a conference for work and sick,but I read in every spare moment. 
    image image
    Jen748
  • I completely neglected both of my books, this weekend was full of cleaning and family gatherings. Hopefully I will make good progress this week!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I didn't read anything this weekend but I did finish knitting a pair of mittens to keep me warm for next weekend's Patriots game.
    90 books in 2015?
    Hoyciej*&p*
  • I finished Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer and made decent progress on The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.  I started and read about half of GI Brides, a biography of four British women who married American men during WWII and came to the States.
    image image image
  • I finished Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater and worked on Code Name Verity.  I'm struggling with it a little but plan to keep going.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• RevJen said:
    I finished listening to Letters from Skye and I'm completely, totally in love with that book.  Every once in a while, I run across a book that makes me want to be a better writer.  This is one of those for me.

<3 <3 <3 <3
    Books read in 2009: 112
    Books read in 2010: 153
    Books read in 2011: 160
    Books read in 2012: 134
    Books read in 2013: 110
    Books read in 2014: 151
    Books read in 2015: 153
    Books read in 2016: 31

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/1zWJm6.png
    <a href="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height: 20px; width: 40px; position: absolute; opacity: 0.85; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer; border: medi
  • I listened to The Dream Thieves. About 3/4done.
    I made little progress on my kindle freebie read.
  • I am reading The Silkworm.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker